New here and would appreciate some help

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to use the Mac Stand-Alone version to host Kontakt (v6.0.3) and be able to pick up the audio output from Kontakt and route to my 8 channel sound card with midi cc controls of the levels going to the channels and also a simple EQ. I can get the Kontakt working and sound to the default stereo but can't figure how to route to more channels.

Also, how do you save the configuration?

I'm usually quite good with this type of stuff but can't seem to get a handle on this interface!

Are you talking about Patchwork?

To route more than stereo outputs in PatchWork standalone (is that's what you are talking about), you need to select more than two audio outputs in the Audio configuration. You may also need to route individual Kontakt outputs using the Audio I/O plug-in menu item if PatchWork does not automatically detects it for you.

To save your patch, just use the preset menu (click on the preset title, usually "Default" when first loaded) and select "save as".

Yes, I'm trying PatchWork. Thanks for replies, I now have the audio output rating working. Have also managed to get MIDI CCs to switch on/off a couple of trial instruments. What I now can't quite figure out is how to map my MIDI controller to individual gain control units. I've tried "learn" but it doesn't seem to work. I've got "global" off.

I've now got it working after a fashion. Rotary controls have appeared bottom of main windows and these can be mapped as control 01, 02 etc. Can they be made sliders and can they be renamed to represent what they actually do?

As far as I know, the only way to make those controls into sliders is to create your own skin that modifies those graphics.

OK, thanks for that; sounds a bit of a fuss! The manual is a bit poor on detail but does show sliders but I certainly can't see anything other than what you suggest. Thanks again.

The plug-in is indeed not designed to show sliders instead... Why do you specifically need sliders here instead of knobs?

As I'm using sliders on the hardware, it's easier to reference but far from essential. It would be good however to be able to change the labels from the default C1 etc. Thanks.

viscount wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:28 pm OK, thanks for that; sounds a bit of a fuss! The manual is a bit poor on detail but does show sliders but I certainly can't see anything other than what you suggest. Thanks again.
The sliders you're referring to in the manual are some generic references to other, older Blue Cat interfaces. The newest interfaces, such as Patchwork, don't have sliders.

OK, thanks. I'll need to live with it as it is. It takes quite a bit of screen area which seems unjustified for all I'm wanting to do.

Another idea:

Try out Blue Cat’s Remote Control plugin so you can see the kind of visual feedback you want.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... teControl/

Thanks; I'll take a look at that.

I must be doing something really stupid but I cannot get the demo to function in any meaningful way. I've watched the video and seen bar graphs there; I can see nothing like that in the plugin. If I try to rename a slider, it just flickers the prompt to rename and remains at default. I've tried it in PatchWork and also Bidule with the same result. In the 16 channel, I appear to have 8 input and 8 outputs; I can get the input sliders to be midi controlled but that's about it. Any ideas anyone?

viscount wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:39 pm OK, thanks. I'll need to live with it as it is. It takes quite a bit of screen area which seems unjustified for all I'm wanting to do.
Wouldn't sliders take even more space instead of small knobs?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”