BC Patchwork 2.11 and RolandCloud plugins (VST3)

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Hello, everyone!
This is my first post here in this forum. Thank you for having it!
I downloaded a demo version of BC Patchwork to primarily see if I can use it to host RolandCloud plugins with Pro Tools 2018.4.3. I was able to use some plugins just fine. But some of them are having user interface problems. It looks like some plugin's user’s interface don't fit the window it is allocated to - the GUI is too big to fit the window allocated to it by BC Patchwork and it is impossible to use the VI and most of the GUI is out of reach. Is this something I can control within Patchwork (zoom in/zoom out of the plugin window/GUI)? Maybe some short cut (key combination)? RolandCloud plugins do have zoom control but I am not even able to access the plugin option to reduce its size. I tried loading these plugins with the BC Patchwork stand alone version but the same happens.
This happens with Roland D-50, Roland JV-1080, Roland SRX Orchestra.

Another issue is that for Roland TR-808 or TR-909 there are two sub-versions: one stereo and another one with multiple outputs. I don’t know which version BC Patchwork is loading, but the plugin doesn’t make any sound - and indeed l tried getting sound from all PW Aux 1-7 - but got nothing. Also, the plugin doesn’t enter the play mode when I press START.

I want to mention that I tried loading them all with Logic Pro X 10.4.1 and all of the plugins work fine - no GUI issue or any issue. In fact….I never used Logic Pro X…but I ended up using it only because of these plugins - they are THAT good, IMO.

Since we are talking about Roland plugins - serious stuff - I wonder if Blue Cat would be willing to help out to see if the problem is on their end or it is a Roland problem - even tough it is working with Logic Pro X.

Does anyone know what may be the problem or are having the same issues?

Cheers,

Intini

Hi,

I know some of the Roland Cloud plug-ins have had compatibility issues in the past, but it's the first time we hear about these ones, so we will have to investigate.

However if they work well in Logic, maybe loading the Audio Units instead of VST3s will work better in PatchWork? Have you tried them?

Hi,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.
I haven't tried the Audio Units format before. After reading your post I did it. Well, it WORKS! Thank you so much!
I have no idea why the VST3s don't work - as you said, it is something you could investigate. But with the AU format working my problem is solved.

Thank you very much for all your help!

Even tho VST3 is a new standard ... VST2 is much more reliable.

Yes, that's indeed why we still recommend using VST2 over VST3, despite Steinberg's wishes to eradicate VST2.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”