Patchwork - Automating Bypass on Individual Plugin Slots - Feature Request.

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Blue Cat.
I know you can expose and automate most features within the Patchwork plugin; and it's easy enough to automate the master bypass for each row. Just wondering if there is anyway to expose the individual smaller bypass button on each of the slots within the row (I couldn't see anything in the manual to suggest that you can)? I'm working with some plugins that lack their own master bypass (as well as other features) and can't have its parameters mapped. Is it possible to have this feature added?
Thanks Joel.

Thank you for the suggestion. This has indeed requested several times. However we need to think about it, as it is not an easy modification to remain compatible with previous versions.

A big +1 for being able to map the bypass/power button for individual rows. Need to be able to access this from a control surface but can't at the moment.

The power button for each row is actually already automatable or controllable by MIDI, just like any other PatchWork parameter: just click on the gear icon in the toolbar and then on the green arrow below each button to configure the assignments.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:The power button for each row is actually already automatable or controllable by MIDI, just like any other PatchWork parameter: just click on the gear icon in the toolbar and then on the green arrow below each button to configure the assignments.
Yes, but only for the parallel rows in the middle, not for the rows in a single, serial column.

Sure, you can power the rows down using the mouse, but that rather defeats the point of having a control surface. Most of the time I don't even have the plugin GUI visible.

Am I correct in assuming that a powered down row consumes no cpu resources?

Can I jump in? As I am a long way in trying to find the right control surface for plugins, which one are you using, In2Space?

I use Reaper with a Mackie Control Pro with Klinke extension and a Behringer BCR2000.

Bumping this feature request.

Come guys, it can't be that hard to add the individual slot bypasses to the list of automatable parameters.

If it was so easy, it would already be here! :)
Axiom already does this, but for PatchWork the issue is to ensure compatibility with existing presets and sessions.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:If it was so easy, it would already be here! :)
:hihi:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”