Blue Cat Audio Remote Control - simplest way to double size of GUI

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there... I use Remote Control with Brainspawn Forte as a kind of virtual mixer for all my VSTs mapped to a Akai MPK261 (faders and rotary). The problem is the GUI (I use the one with 8 faders and 8 knobs) is very small. Is there a simple way to just double the size of the GUI without having to create a new set of images and go through the (to me) complex task of coding?

Hope there's some simple solution as after reading through the skinning manual several times I'm at a loss!

Thanks in advance :)

We are looking at ways of scaling the GUI in the plug-ins for High DPI support on Windows, but we are not there yet. It looks like your host is using High DPI, hence the small GUI size. And I guess the issue is not only with our plug-ins, right? So you may want to check this option (from the Forte manual):
DPI Awareness (OPTIONS.INI [Defaults]DPIAware=1 or 0 and Rack Appearance Options checkbox). This option allows you to enable or disable the application’s DPI awareness which controls how Windows renders UI elements, including plugin UI views. If you find the plugin UI to be incorrectly sized on your monitor, you may disable DPI awareness.

Ooh... That looks like a good shout! I'll give disabling DPI a shot in Forte and report back. But will look forward to seeing GUI scaling implemented at some point too - that would be super :)

Thanks for the pointer, anyway. Much appreciated...

I gave disabling DPI a shot and it doesn't appear to make any difference. I'll raise it on the Forte forum and see what happens. It isn't only BCRC but this is the only plugin I need to see when performing live as I get no feedback/indicators on my rotary controls on my MPK261. So the only plugin I have open is BCRC so I can tell where my pots are... Not a major issue but as I get on in years the eyes struggle more and more! I was just hoping there may be a quick way to customise the GUI without getting into the coding. Thanks for the pointers! :)

Any progress on HighDPI support?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”