Patchwork standalone: where does midi output "Host" go to?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Loaded vst in Patchwork Standalone, select midi output "Host" and this sends midi to ____?____. Since it is not running in a DAW, where does this route lead?

I want to send midi from Patchwork standalone to LoopBe1 internal virtual midi port but can't find this as an option.

It would be great if the manual include some typical routing examples (eg., midi from patchwork standalone to Reason, etc.)

Thanks.

Hi,

Right now the "host" output is not connected to external MIDI. It will be possible to send MIDI events to the outside when we add MIDI I/O selection to the preferences.

Thanks for the clarification. Amazing product. Blue Cat has been turning around updates at a really fast rate. I've recommended Patchwork to a lot of people.

Thanks! :tu:

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

Right now the "host" output is not connected to external MIDI. It will be possible to send MIDI events to the outside when we add MIDI I/O selection to the preferences.

And 4 years, and numerous updates later is this still the case??

Yes, this part of the software hasn't changed for the moment.

I could really use the midi output
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

How is the midi out feature coming along?

We have not made any progress on it yet. There is a lot happening in the background right now @Blue Cat Audio!

Hi,
it's been another 3 years. MIDI out and (de-)selectable MIDI input ports would be great to have in Patchwork.
Cheers,
Jens

Indeed! You may want to have a look at our latest previews! :-)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”