Blue Cat's Remote Control | Rename Control BUG?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

In the Remote Control plugin, I'm unable to rename any control. When I click on the name, the 'renaming entry' comes up for a brief millisecond and closes. This happens for me in both AAX and AU Plugin instantiations. Am I the only one?

Thanks!

This is indeed a known issue on Mac - a focus problem that appeared in newer versions of Mac OS X. We need to release a fix for this problem.

2-3 years a known issue and it's still impossible to rename controls on Mac in latest version d/l today. The workaround mentioned in the other thread crashes any host immediately. Sorry but that's a bit much!
I'm afraid of asking but is there a chance for a fix ?

Rob Kastler

The plug-in has indeed not been update for a while, but we have a new version in the works (it took a bit longer than usual given the huge number of changes) that indeed fixes the problem.

Thanks for your reply - glad to hear that it still gets (slowly ;-)) developed - can you tell any ETA of the fix or the new version ?

As it is now, the plugIn is quite unusable on Mac, all the more as, while trying to use Remote Ctrl as a MIDI mapper, I discovered that it indeed maps the incoming parameter but lets the original data pass through !
So if I map e.g. ctrl 1 to 2, the MIDI target receives ctrl 1 & ctrl 2 ???
Not really what I wanted ...
If I do not miss something, this is a severe bug too.

Anyway, I’m hoping for a quick update ...

The original data should not pass through: which host application and plug-in format are you using?

OSX.13.6 - VST-version inside Element (https://kushview.net/element/)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”