Create VST, VST3 and Audio Units with Plug'n Script 3.1

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Yes, I guess using prefix in main skin is a good idea! Thanks!

If you want to avoid any conflict at all with the main skin, you can use an id for it (add id="main" to the main SKIN tag). But then all KUIML widgets will have to use the "main." prefix to access the objects from the main data model.

Hmmm! That's a nice trick, I'll be aware of that!

Another interesting thing:
I'm trying to implement right-click popup menu (using INVISIBLE_PARAM_BUTTON), detecting when param gets default value - supposing a right click and opening popup menu. The problem is a cursor gets stuck in the mode it was ("system::hand" etc) until I right click anywhere again. And it's like a focus is stuck on that param, so clicking anywhere with left click doesn't do anything until I right click again.
Thinking how to avoid this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Managed to do left/right click detection using invisible XY_ZOOM_SELECT_PAD :)
Seems to be working so far with popup menu as well without blocking mouse.

There are plans to add a right click action on the action buttons in the near future, it will be a much cleaner way to do it :)

There are plans to add a right click action on the action buttons in the near future, it will be a much cleaner way to do it :)

It will be time for a PnS update soon I guess... There are already so many improvements available in the lab...!

That's cool, I'm looking forward to it!
The biggest restriction at this moment for me is a limited number of output params (maybe missing output strings). I'd like to do some analyzers and wish I could send and display more complex information in the GUI. So I'm humbly hoping for some improvements in that direction!

Please, clear up this thing:

In mappings.inc there's a PARAM_LINK from="$script_input$index$$" to="custom_param$index$"
and back link from="custom_param$index$" to="$script_input$index$$" which is enabled only when "custom_param$index$.capturing".

What's the purpose of linking it this way? What's the drawbacks if I enable back link permanently in my skin?

The idea is that the meta parameters used for display will always be updated by the actual parameters (that contain the actual values exchanged with the DAW, presets etc.). The meta parameters are used as input only in the GUI, so they should be used as a source only when the user is updating them (capturing=true).

If you enable the link permanently, it will create a feedback loop (both the meta and actual parameters will update each other), so you are likely to encounter strange behaviors and data loss when loading presets or automating parameters in your DAW.

BTW we have encountered a problem with the current version when using MIDI to control boolean parameters, so these links will be modified a little bit in the next update.

Ok, will have to take a look!

BTW, why there's a difference in path separators here (some are forward-slash, others are not).

_FILE_
C:/Users/Ilya/Documents/Blue Cat Audio/Blue Cat's Plug'n Script/Skins/letimix_debug.xml

_DIR_
C:/Users/Ilya/Documents/Blue Cat Audio/Blue Cat's Plug'n Script/Skins/

_PROGRAM_FILES_PATH_
C:\Program Files

PLUGIN_USER_DOCUMENTS_PATH
C:\Users\Ilya\Documents\Blue Cat Audio\Blue Cat's Plug'n Script\

PLUGIN_DATA_PATH
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\BC Plug'n Script VST3 data

=============

Maybe make all look like _FILE_ and _DIR_ by default?

Indeed. This is historical. But I'd rather use only native platform separators instead, because that's what people want to see when displayed on screen (all file-related operations in KUIML actually support both so that's not a problem there), and on Windows you have to support UNC paths as well that should start with \\.

Ok, I understand. Then maybe leave it as is :)
When trying to put "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\BC Plug'n Script VST3 data" into a string in Angelscript it supposes "\" to be escape characters, so we have to read manual and use heredoc syntax (a link for those who will search for it: https://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/s ... rings.html )

Yes, it is indeed the same as with C++ or Java

Uh Uh... Something's cooking... :)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”