PatchWork 2.2 Available - including new built-in effects & performance improvements

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 am
Michael L wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm I use Patchwork to set up effects banks, and drag n drop is all I need to quickly rearrange the chain. You can stop now. No further updates are needed!
And yet, we still have a huge todo list for it. :)
We can definitely appreciate how far it's come in the last year. :)

So maybe it's time to unveil that a new preview for PtachWork 2.3 has just been uploaded :-). It adds the ability to load impulse reponses into the built-in EQ, just like with Axiom 1.1. I think it's now getting very close to release!

Love the drag & drop features. Working in Studio One v4, where almost everything can be d&d'd, it would be great if we could drag plugins from the Studio One browser into PatchWork slots. Would this even be possible for you to implement?
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

They are probably using their own internal data representation so I don't think we can do anything like that. You can however already drag and drop the plug-ins directly from the Finder or Windows Explorer :-).

Just wanted to let you know that PatchWork 2.3 free update is now available!

This is just a heads-up about a problem I've been experiencing with the standalone version (running on Win7, 64 bit). I cannot fine a repeatable scenario, so this is just an FYI for something to be on the lookout for.

I've been using PW 2.2 to load VST synths. Sometimes there is just one synth and nothing else. Sometimes I have two synths loaded with one of then enabled and the other disabled. Sometimes (but not every time) there is just one more plug-in loaded: Melda MRecorder.

After a while Patchwork just freezes and I need to use the task manager to kill it (sometimes that doesn't even work). Furthermore, after this happens a reboot is required since my audio drivers are compromised and no longer function. I wish I could provide more information, but as I said, I can't find a way to make this happen on demand. I did want to let you know what I'm seeing here, however. I will install 2.3, but I don't have any optimism that it will address this issue.

Thanks for the report. I could be one of the plug-ins that cause the issue, unless there is a problem with the audio driver. If you can isolate which plug-in causes the freeze it would be helpful. Please note that it could be any plug-in that was loaded into the session, even if not present anymore (some plug-ins can crash a long time after it was removed).

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am Please note that it could be any plug-in that was loaded into the session, even if not present anymore (some plug-ins can crash a long time after it was removed).
Ah, that's good to know. Be assured if (when) I come up with anything more substantive, you'll be the first to know. :)

Thanks!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”