"ZynAddSubFX VST doesn't work in X or Y" PostHere

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you so much for coming back. It is version 2.4.3. of zynaddsubfx. I can download instruments into zyn if that's what you mean by extracting the proper files and then going into settings. After this bank root dirs, then add root directory. Could that be the problem? I also typed in the terminal:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install zynaddsubfx

I did this in the hope of getting rid of some white noise which I was successful at after correctly connecting qjackctl. To try to answer your question I typed zynaddsubfx -v but the information I supplied you with is all that was there.

BJsgoodlife wrote:Thank you so much for coming back. It is version 2.4.3. of zynaddsubfx. I can download instruments into zyn if that's what you mean by extracting the proper files and then going into settings. After this bank root dirs, then add root directory. Could that be the problem? I also typed in the terminal:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install zynaddsubfx

I did this in the hope of getting rid of some white noise which I was successful at after correctly connecting qjackctl. To try to answer your question I typed zynaddsubfx -v but the information I supplied you with is all that was there.
This is not the VST version, please start a new thread after verifying that you have connected the audio output of zyn.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

I found a workaround to keep zynaddsubfx from crashing. It definitely had something to do with qjackctl. I was using ubuntu. But I recently found a way to get windows 7 back on my computer and now I have a dual boot. It doesn't crash when I edit the sound or when I add layers of instruments. I don't yet know how to add instruments in Windows though, if you have any suggestions I'd be grateful. Thank you in advance.

I am using the VST version.

I must have done something wrong because it was working, but I can't see any of the sounds I have imported and the collection is missing, too. This is what it looks like in the settings window:

../banks
C:/Program Files (x86)Zynaddsubfx/Companion
C:/Program Files (x86)/Zynaddsubfx/banks
C:/Program Files (x86/Zynaddsubfx_2005

Any help you could offer would be appreciated, I will try to pay it forward. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I solved the above problems in Windows but I still want to get it to work in Linux because there is far less latency. Some sounds it will crash on, too. I checked to see if the file name is correct and it is. It also crashes when trying to edit the instrument and when layering instruments. I looked up "xrun" and discovered that this has something to do with qjackctl. The trouble is I don't know what or how to fix it. I checked with AskUbuntu, but they said it was off topic. Yes, it is the VST version. Do you have any other ideas? Thank you again for all of your willingness to help on this issue and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi again,

this is what I see when I try to play Angel Harp from the Companion bank on my MIDI keyboard.

brian@brian-NY550AA-ABA-p6240f:~$ zynaddsubfx

ZynAddSubFX - Copyright (c) 2002-2011 Nasca Octavian Paul and others
Compiled: May 9 2013 23:39:04
This program is free software (GNU GPL v.2 or later) and
it comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

Try 'zynaddsubfx --help' for command-line options.

Sample Rate = 44100
Sound Buffer Size = 523 samples
Internal latency = 11.9 ms
ADsynth Oscil.Size = 512 samples
Starting Audio: JACK
Jack buffer resized
Audio Started
Starting MIDI: ALSA
MIDI Started
Info, alsa midi port connected
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Info, alsa midi port connected
zynaddsubfx: /build/buildd/zynaddsubfx-2.4.3/src/Synth/SUBnote.cpp:338: void SUBnote::filter(SUBnote::bpfilter&, float*): Assertion `synth->buffersize % 8 == 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
brian@brian-NY550AA-ABA-p6240f:~$

When I open up Sub Synth 9 xruns appear but it hasn't crashed yet.

Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun

Then after editing the envelope I get more xruns and this error message:

Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
zynaddsubfx: /build/buildd/zynaddsubfx-2.4.3/src/Synth/SUBnote.cpp:338: void SUBnote::filter(SUBnote::bpfilter&, float*): Assertion `synth->buffersize % 8 == 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I just don't know what this means. Should my buffer be 8? Right now it is 2.

Finally, this is what happens when I try to layer instruments. Not as many error messages, but still quite a few:

Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Jack reports xrun
Aborted (core dumped)

Thank you again for all of your time and efforts.

The xruns that you are reporting are not with the VST version. When using the standalone please use a reasonable jack buffer size such as 128 samples per period. This is a parameter set by the jack daemon when you launch it. Please do not post issues unrelated to the VST in this thread.

it doesn't seem to work in my studio one 3 pro host, any suggestions ?
and the stand alone version wont record a wav file, ?

Hi,

What OS, ZynAddSubFX VST version, ASIO buffer size are you using?

No posts here in over 3 years...sorry for the zombie post... but I can't get Studio One to see the VSTi. I have the version that allows third party VSTi's, and I have a few other instruments that work alright. I think maybe Studio One just doesn't like certain VSTi's for some reason, but, rather than indicating an error, the DAW simply pretends the VSTi doesn't exist.

Does anyone have any experience with Studio One?

Hi. Please answer the question above your post :)

I just got Zyn Fusion and it works stand alone. But for some reason, it crashes Ableton live when I open ZynAddSubFX it just opens a black window and crashes Live. My os is window 10, VST 3.0.3 release, and my buffer size is 256. Many love thx

Usually when such issues are occurring there's a problem with the openGL support available on that machine or in the environment the plugin host provides. There's likely no trivial fix, though I have recently upgraded my primary development system to attempt to replicate issues like this. If "got zyn fusion" implies purchasing a copy and this prevents you from using it, let me know and I've got no problem issuing a refund.

fundamental wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:26 am Usually when such issues are occurring there's a problem with the openGL support available on that machine or in the environment the plugin host provides. There's likely no trivial fix, though I have recently upgraded my primary development system to attempt to replicate issues like this. If "got zyn fusion" implies purchasing a copy and this prevents you from using it, let me know and I've got no problem issuing a refund.
Most videos on zyn been on Linux so I guess I could just hop on over. I still think the standalone is worth the price so no need for a refund.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”