"ZynAddSubFX VST doesn't work in X or Y" PostHere

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried running this synth with Audiomulch and Computermuzys, won't launch. :(
I miss using Linux with jack, but I foolishy got an Maudio Audiophile 192 which isn't supported, so I'm stuck with Windows XP. Ah well, this card sure beats using the Audigy in Linux, terrible latency issues.

I should correct myself in saying that Audiomulch sees Zynaddsubfx but it won't launch, and Computermuzys won't detect it.

drycellbattery wrote:You should probably check with the Ubuntu people. I would try typing "zynaddsubfx" in a command prompt window and see what it spits out. You may need to have jack running, but I think there's a way of getting it to run without jack, can't remember. You may have a dependancy issue, perhaps a wrong mxml package problem that the package provider would have to fix. I think it's called mxml, or something like that.
Thanks.
And it does work without jack.
see you!

To run ZynAddSubFX VST in any Windows host, try this :

Get VST Host : http://www.hermannseib.com/programs/vsthost.zip

Get the VST Host Slavery Suite : http://www.hermannseib.com/programs/Legree.zip

Dump the VST Host Slavery Suite dlls in your VST directory.

Run your host, create a track, choose Legree VSTi as an instrument.

Now run VSTHost in slave mode (with a /slave argument)

Drag and Drop zynaddsubfx_vst.dll onto VSTHost.

You're done. You should be able to use ZynAddSubFX neatly in your host.

PS : Latest ZynAddSubFX binaries for Windows (2.2.1) here :

http://sharing.dizainer.net/public/ZynA ... _Setup.exe

Has anyone had trouble loading the banks using the VST version of ZynAddSubFX?

eidenk wrote:PS : Latest ZynAddSubFX binaries for Windows (2.2.1) here :

http://sharing.dizainer.net/public/ZynA ... _Setup.exe
Since this link is down for a couple of days now, I uploaded the file to file-upload.net for all people who are looking for it:
http://www.file-upload.net/download_19. ... a.rar.html

cheers,
Chris
Last edited by Tonmann on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, don't click here!

ZynAddSubFX works, but it makes only one sound.It is a organ sound. But I can.t load any other sounds. I've suse 9.3 linux and laptop prestigio 156 , soundcard is ICH4.
Can somebody help me to get other sound work?

Any advice is welcome.

Well you may need to fiddle with the settings dialog and set your bank folders locations.

Sure wish this worked in ableton live. :)

Hi all, Paul,

I succeded in compiling Zyn under Linux. If I use as audioout OSS everithing is fine
but since I want to be used together with other audio/midi apps I'd like to compile
it with OSS_AND_JACK. Launching the newly built executable it tells that it cannot
found libjack.so.0. Do I need to set some path manually ?

MIDIIN: using OSS I was not able to get control to Zyn from my midi keyboard (KORG N364). In the doc you say: 1) start Zyn 2) connect midi keyboard : do you mean "phisically connecting the cables" or simply 1) "turn off midi keyboard" 2) start Zyn 3) turn on keyboard ? In the latter case it didn't work for me..

BTW: Thanks for sharing this wonderful synth!

Alberto Zin

Yes, I had few progress since last mail about my trobles with Zyn (on linux, of course:-)

1) compiling Zyn using alsa "midi in" and using the command "aconnect" now I'm able to control Zyn using my MIDI keyboard... Good, isn't it ? :-)

2) Compiling Zyn with AudioOut=OSS_AND_JACK (after making a symbolink link to libjack.so.0 in /usr/lib - which was not present, wonder why...) now Zyn starts but suddenly falls back to OSS
since it couldn't open a jack client (jack_create_new() fails..).
Note that jack and Zyn are started by the same user.

Ok, see you next time, hopefully solving out also these problems...

PS: Maybe the Knoppix 4.2 installed on HD is not the correct way to use this kind of apps?

Alberto

Hello to all Zyn lovers.

I am also KEEN on having a perfectly working copy of Zyn which works in Ableton Live 6 (of which I only have the Demo Version).

But let me say that I am a synth lover that has been testing all manner of electronic tone generators since age 10 or so. And recently I started making music on PC. I have sought to find good synth plugins. But Zyn beats even expensive commercial synths. It is the best sounding Plugin VSTi I ever heard. (Choirs and strings and Rhodes are AWESOME.)

Now I am encountering problems running Zyn in Live 6, whereas in Cakewalk Sonar 4 LE it works well. (However, Live 6 is better for me than Sonar.)

BEWARE: In Live 6 I was getting very nasty and loud noise from Zyn, e.g. (albeit seldom) when changing Instrument Patches. These noises were loud enough (max volume it seemed) to almost destroy my ears and / or my speakers.

Also, Zyn messed around with mouse behavior, for example, when Zyn was loaded, I'd have to click 2 or 3 times instead of normally clicking 1 time to adjust parameters. It was as if my mouse was glued to what I was selecting at that time. This even happened on a track other than that to which I had assigned Zyn. Upon removing Zyn, this behavior immediately got back to normal.

Hello Ableton Live users: Has anyone had similar phenomena ?

Because of that, I'd almost PAY some good programmer to have him finish Zyn VST Version...

What are your thoughts ?

i use Live 6.0.1, and i wanna try it out, but those links are dead
id rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy

Okay, I went to the German site to download the port for windows to use the VST version. However, the site was in German and no matter what I clicked on, I kept getting German web pages. How do I use the synth as a VSTI? I have Cubase, Acid, Sonar, and Live6.

arti_choke57 wrote:How do I use the synth as a VSTI?
ZynAddSubFX VSTi

http://personales.ya.com/mahtazz/ZynAdd ... _Beta5.exe

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”