Zyn Fusion UI scaling

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I am trying out Zyn Fusion on Linux (Ubuntu Studio 19.10), latest version compiled.
The default UI is tiny on my high-res screen (obviously there is no automatic dpi recognition). In the stand-alone app, the window can be resized, which also resizes the UI elements. But used as a plugin (lv2 or vst), the window is always displayed in its default (tiny) size, and there is no way to resize it (tried in Ardour, QTractor, MusE).
I don't even need resizing, it would be sufficient to have the UI scaled to double the size as default, for example. How can I achieve this? Is there a setting or env variable or something?
Thanks,
kybos

Same here. Would be great if there were 2 or 3 different GUI sizes for HiDPI screens. Thanks!

Right now there's no environmental variable. The way plugin hosts implement resizing has delayed the functionality as the plugin essentially has to ask to be resized rather than letting the user just resize it.

If you're compiling the application yourself, you should be able to explicitly set the window size in src/Plugin/ZynAddSubFX/ZynAddSubFX-UI-Zest.cpp
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
fundamental wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 am Right now there's no environmental variable. The way plugin hosts implement resizing has delayed the functionality as the plugin essentially has to ask to be resized rather than letting the user just resize it.

If you're compiling the application yourself, you should be able to explicitly set the window size in src/Plugin/ZynAddSubFX/ZynAddSubFX-UI-Zest.cpp
I tried compiling the app myself and tried editing the file you mentioned.
I changed

Code: Select all (#)

ZynAddSubFXUI()
        : UI(1181, 659)
to a bigger size, but this just made the window bigger, not the content, which still is the same size.
Any solution to that ? Thanks

Around line 206 immediately after z.zest_setup you should be able to tell the UI library to resize via z.zest_resize(z.zest, width, height); I'd wager that would be sufficient.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

I got it working !
Your advice made the UI too big for the window (at least with my wm), so by applying both fixes I ended up with a correctly sized window !
Thanks for the reply !

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”