Zyn-Fusion FR: Do not start display when system opengl is lower than requirement.

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mainly use RDP for accessing my headless production desktop from my laptop, and currently RDP only supports up to opengl 1.1, which crashes zyn-fusion upon starting the synth.
The work around is to use VNC, and that gives me opengl 4+ which does open zyn-fusion. However since the Ethernet device on my laptop only supports 100 megabit, VNC is really slow rendering multiple monitors for production and post-processing.

Hence my request, is it possible to add a check point when opening zyn-fusion windows, so that if the current opengl is lower than requirement, GUI does not start, and plays audio only based on the current setting?

This way I can dial the zyn with VNC single monitor, and do MIDI arrangement and post processing with multi-monitor RDP.

One alternative approach that you might be interested in is that the zyn-fusion GUI can connect to a sound engine on a remote machine via UDP. That way the Zyn-Fusion UI would not need to render on a remote machine through VNC.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

This sound like it would work.
How would the GUI recognize different instance of the plugin sound engine?

Each sound engine creates a UDP OSC server. For example you should be able to run zynaddsubfx.exe -U -P 1234 and then connect to it via zyn-fusion.exe osc.udp://127.0.0.1:1234

Thank you for that info. Is there a similar approach using windows vst?

Under the hood, the windows VST has the same OSC communication port, however I'm not sure if there's any simple method of finding out what it is.

I read from here https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zynaddsu ... gw64-msys2 that does similar things with the FLTK frontend, which I haven't succeeded doing so in REAPER on windows. I think user can assign OSC server manually in REAPER, which might work if we are able to assign OSC for each plugin instance. However the current issue is that the whole DAW crashes whenever a lower opengl is found, even without opening the GUI, even switching from VNC to RDP with the same session window open.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”