scl files

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I downloaded a whole load of scl files from the scala website but when i click 'import .scl' and navigate to the folder, zyn down't show anything. anyone here able to load scl files?

you have to check the box 'Enable Microtonal' before importing a Scala scale.
And if you want to adapt the Keyboard mapping you have to check that box as well.

thanks but that wasn't the problem. I couldn't see the files in the file browser but typing in the file name worked!

Hi, thought I'd jump in on this thread as I am also having some problems loading scales. Seems to work better when I load the keyboard mapping first.

I read somewhere that a previous installation may have affected the GUI and underlying synth engine. I tried to uninstall the old version of Zynaddsubfx and do a fresh install. However Im unsure what needs to be done to clean up old files that may be left behind from the previous installs. (I am on a mac)

My problems are that the text boxes don't update (immediately (or at times at all)) often only after I click away somewhere else?
When I load a scale the Interval and mapping values are flowing over onto the GUI with large scales. i.e. Text isn't being wrapped within the 'Tunings' and 'Key Mapping' text boxes.
The" # Per/Oct', 'Name' of the scale and the 'Comment' boxes usually don't update at all.
'Ref Freq' doesn't seem to be connected to anything, 'MIDI Note' and 'Center' also seem to have no effect.
Loading and saving tunings and patches is cumbersome because the dialog fields for text input are temperamental. Say I want to call my patch 'good' then change my mind and call it 'doodie' there is really no way I can find to change text in those dialogs, that doesn't end up munged.

Theres bound to be more problems I am just hoping there is a easy solution.

mac (OS 10.13.4) running Reaper

Cheers

Got the same problem. Old Zynaddsubfx worked fine. Now the "import .scl" and "import .kbm" are crossed out, and when I try to do it via file/load instrument it does not show up. I can't type in stuff anywhere, but using the keyboard for midi works fine. I've tried some fl troubleshooting things: "keep focus", "make bridged" and "external window". Yes, I have microtonal enabeled through the "part settings" window. Quite dissapointed as I like the firs version, but I don't want to make a mess for this kind of project.

I tried to replicate the described bug. I did find a problem with the scl loading (and fixed it), though the .scl and .kbm loading buttons weren't crossed out. Guess that must be an old release?
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”