(Linux) Crashes everytime when harmonic magnitude is brought down

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

See below. Start with default sound, go to the sub layer, bring down the value to 0. Host: Bitwig 2.2.3.

BTW, is this the place to report bugs ?
zynsubCrash.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BTW, is this the place to report bugs ?
The recommended place to report bugs at the moment is https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues

As per the bug in question, what version of Zyn-Fusion are you using?
I believe that this bug was fixed a few releases back.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

As per the UI it's version 3.0.0. Since I bought it, should I get notification for updates ?

I thought some videos were by Paul... the Cubician videos. But they're not. The guy just yawned a few seconds ago while showing oscillators :) They do not seem like much useful videos.

The current version is either 3.0.3 or 3.0.3-patchXXX. You should be able to go onto the gumorad site that you downloaded the 3.0.0 build from and see them listed as possible download options. Additionally depending upon when you built it you should have already received several update emails from gumroad.

fundamental wrote:The current version is either 3.0.3 or 3.0.3-patchXXX. You should be able to go onto the gumorad site that you downloaded the 3.0.0 build from and see them listed as possible download options. Additionally depending upon when you built it you should have already received several update emails from gumroad.
I will check with the emails from Gumroad. I did get one from August 2017 for version 3.0.2, in which version 3.0.3 was said to be upcoming.

I got 3.0.3 from Gumroad now:

8066326 Feb 8 20:10 zyn-fusion-linux-64bit-3.0.3-release.tar.bz2

I moved away the previous version, verified that Bitwig could not load Zyn anymore, then untarred the archive in /opt/zyn-fusion/ then verified in Bitwig that Zyn could not see any preset, then moved the banks/ sub folder to /usr/share/zynaddsubfx/banks/ and checked if everything was OK by making a noise using several presets.

The version shown in the GUI is still 3.0.0 though.

Some quick questions:

When one has loaded a preset, is there a way to go back to the default sine wave sound w/o reloading Zyn ?

Also, what does "FRCR" means ? It mentions "Force envelope to fully evaluate" but what does it mean ? As opposed to what ?

Is there a text or two on additive synthesis that are not university thesis ? Eg. more of a practical approach.

Cheers.

FRCR -> forced release / classic release? Basically when you release a note you could be anywhere in the envelope (attack stage, decay stage, sustain stage). The FRCR button changes the behavior of what happens. In one mode the envelope immediately goes to the release stage, in the other it finishes up the ADS stages and *then* proceeds to the release stage. That button is mostly useful for drum sounds IMO.

There's a ton of documents which talk about synthesis techniques which are not literally doctoral theses. I don't have any to recommend at the moment however.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”