ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It looks like I've run short on time. I'll be without (or with very sparse) internet access over the next few days. I should in theory be back on friday to upload binaries.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Not a problem, I'm plenty happy to wait for quality!
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Full version of the patch is available on gumroad, current demo is: http://fundamental-code.com/zyn-fusion/ ... 4-demo.zip and http://fundamental-code.com/zyn-fusion/ ... mo.tar.bz2 . More fixes to come before finalizing the 3.0.3 release.

Wonderful! I'll get to testing.

Let's start with some followup on previous issues:

1. While the double characters has been fixed in Reaper, Shift (and other previously mentioned keys here) still produce a space when hit. I can get by with abusing Caps Lock for now.

2.I've also noticed that pressing the spacebar in either the "Name" or "Comments" box in the browser produces a space, but the cursor doesn't update until another key is typed.

3. Number 3 here has not been fixed. Interestingly, now the FINE and LEARN buttons won't light up until a control is adjusted, but the behavior of this one is still the same.

4. Resonance Copy/Paste works! But Voice Copy/Paste does not. The Global AddSynth path still appears

zyn-fusion-windows-64bit-3.0.2-patch4-demo

Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper

Is something expected for users working on projects based on old Zyn ?
- using both Zyn together
- replacing the old with the new Zyn without losing settings and sounds on the track

I asked this questions several times without getting an answer. Fundemental seems annoyed that I criticized the fact that he sells a beta, but this issue concerns many Zyn users.

www.marginalray.com

Marginal Ray wrote:Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper
Out of curiosity, does this happen always? Including in a blank Reaper project when you add a new instance of Zyn? Or is this just happening when you load a project saved with the old version of Zyn?

I'm running Zyn on an HP Laptop with Windows 10 in Reaper 64-bit, and I don't get a blank screen. Curious what's different between your setup and mine.

AJYoung wrote:4. Resonance Copy/Paste works! But Voice Copy/Paste does not. The Global AddSynth path still appears
Voice Copy/Paste is now confirmed fixed.

Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper
No idea beyond a lack of support from a very old graphics card.
Is something expected for users working on projects based on old Zyn ?
As you have observed in earlier posts, files from jackoo VST versions are loaded. If there are bugs with the loading of some files you'll need to provide easy-to-replicate specific minimal test cases with what works, what does not, and under what conditions.

AJYoung wrote:
Marginal Ray wrote:Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper
Out of curiosity, does this happen always? Including in a blank Reaper project when you add a new instance of Zyn? Or is this just happening when you load a project saved with the old version of Zyn?

I'm running Zyn on an HP Laptop with Windows 10 in Reaper 64-bit, and I don't get a blank screen. Curious what's different between your setup and mine.
Laptop : Asus
CPU : Intel U7300 / 1.30 Ghz
RAM : 3 Mo
Graphic card : Mobile Intel(R) Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)
Screen Resolution : 1366x768
OS : Windows 10/64 bits Family edition (french) version 1607

Of course, it is not a very modern setup, but Zyn Fusion is the one and only software installaled on it that provides a blank UI.

The CPU is from around 2006 and the used opengl revision (2.1 + framebuffer extension) was standardized in the same year. So, unless there have been driver updates since I would not expect that machine to be compatible with the new UI.

files from jackoo VST versions are loaded. If there are bugs with the loading of some files you'll need to provide easy-to-replicate specific minimal test cases with what works, what does not, and under what conditions.
What do you mean with " files from jackoo VST versions are loaded "? What is loaded? The fact is that when I remove the old Zyn from VST folder, and replace it with Zyn Fusion Demo, and then open a Reaper project with Zyn tracks, my settings desapears (the sound I've chosen). I don't understand what kind of demo or explanation I must show you. Screenshots, video screener ?

fundamental wrote:The CPU is from around 2006 and the used opengl revision (2.1 + framebuffer extension) was standardized in the same year. So, unless there have been driver updates since I would not expect that machine to be compatible with the new UI.
OK. It's not so important because I use it for music only during vacations. but I was suprised that recent VST, free or commercial, works on this laptop, but not Zyn Fusion

http://www.marginalray.com

AJYoung wrote:2.I've also noticed that pressing the spacebar in either the "Name" or "Comments" box in the browser produces a space, but the cursor doesn't update until another key is typed.
This should now be fixed.

Hey! Opened the ZynFusion demo again for the first time in a while. Been patiently waiting for the 3.0.3 update, but figured I'd give the demo a spin again in the meantime. I found a graphics bug I hadn't noticed before:

On the Macro Learn page if you switch between Macros that have linked controls, the text path does not automatically wrap/resize like it should. If you go to a different page in the synth (e.g. Effects) and then go back, the text resizes correctly. I've also noticed that it stays correctly sized if you switch to another Macro and then go back, but if you navigate to a different page it will not remember this.

Bottom line: Text for Macro Controls only resizes when navigating from a different page.

I've been crazy behind on my todo list and it feels like there's been one item
constantly cutting in front of "just package up the darn 3.0.3 release already"
for the past few weeks.
Today (yesterday since I fell asleep before posting this) I ended up working late, however that should give me enough time to get
through the release process in the rest of the week.

Thinking about it now, the process is:
1. Make sure that the ubuntu cross-compilation VM starts up just fine
(it's been running out of disk space for the last few builds)
2. Make sure that the current zyn git builds just fine
3. Verify the portaudio default is set correctly for the windows standalone
(there's a corresponding bug report on github for this)
4. Very quick sanity check for breakages
5. Run the (thankfully) automated packaging scripts
6. Upload the binaries/source packages
7. Notify ssj71 that I've finally gotten my act together (the release
announcement has been ready for weeks :-/)

Post release:
1. Find a few bugs and mark them as active/work-in-progress
2. Update the website about the full source release timeline
3. Open up another UI submodule (I'm debating between the GUI classes for all
the widgets or the GUI class->ruby object compiler (the former has somewhat
more complex licensing terms for a mixed MIT/(L?)GPLv2+ subproject)

The bug you reference sounds like a consequence of rewriting the layout
algorithm to make changing views a lot snappier.

Note to self - migrate the resize issue to github...

Haha no worries, as I said before I'm perfectly fine waiting for quality. I'm no programmer, but if you need help with anything else I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”