Zynaddsubfx no midi learn

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have installed version 2.5.4 but: I cannot for the life of me see how one is supposed to link/bind knobs on the gui to MIDI control changes, indeed any midi events.

When I put my mouse above any control, I see the value to which that control is set, but nothing to indicate any MIDI function whatever.

Note-on/offs is ok.

Can anyone help please?

1. Connect your physical controller which sends the MIDI CCs to zyn (via jack midi/alsa midi/etc)
2. Open up the window with the desired control that you want to map
3. Initiate a midi learn operation
3a. This can be done by using middle mouse to click the widget (without any modifiers)
3b. This can also be done by using CTRL+(left or right mouse) (it's only one of the two, but I don't recall off the top of my head)
4. Wiggle the physical knob on your MIDI controller
5. You should observe the control in the user interface move with a 1:1 mapping
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Thanks for that great info fundamental: saved my sanity there mate!

My best regards to you.

Is there a way to do it in a daw using a virtual midi controller? I've tried but not fully grasping midi, have failed.

About Midi Learn:
Well, I lowe this possibility of midi learn, but
You can not fix once learned errors! Editing does not work. Once learned, CC links remain persistent? Would it be possible for instance, to delete some certain files in zynaddsub-three to perform a fresh start in learning process? Or must you install a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 for a fresh learning process?
Tried to learn PADsynth harmonics bars, but failed? Are these bars learnable in Zyn?

@redu, please specify version and if you're using the fusion interface or not for the context of these questions.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”