Zynadd .vst ;Multiple output busses .

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am running zynadd in my host 'renoise' , which shows me all the available output busses ( 17 ) , but somehow I can' t find it where to set the output for each channel in zynadd .

Edit ;

I found it's under the midi tab ( imho bad place for audio output routings )

Anyways , the problem is not completely solved , I have 8 instruments all receiving on their separate midi channel 1....8
I want an individual output for each instrument , I enabled all mulitple outputs in renoise and enabled zynadd multichannel .
however not all audio output busses are used

Some more info for the developer , guess it's a bug .

For comparison , I loaded 3 instruments in reaktor , each receive on their own midi channel 1-->3
Instrument 1 output 1/2
INstr. 2 output 3/4
Instr 3 ouput 5/6
Al from within reaktor ,
If I now enable multiple ouput from within renoise , each instrumet gets its own output mix bus , no matter on which track in renoise I am focused , the output appears at the assigned output.

This however is not the case with zynadd , the audio goes depending on which track is focussed in renoise .
Press stop in renoise( reset ) and go to track ---->that' where the audio goes .
Press stop again , go to another track ----> now the audio goes to this track .

Running 2.4.1.496

Oh yeah running on windows here
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Pffff.

now it works :tu:

For those interested ,better leave the first output bus in renoise muted ,
The first instrument part in zynadd (midichannel 1 ) is automatically assigned to the second output bus in renoise , etc...

Lack of sleep maybe :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hi,
You're using a hack that I coded.
I think it is documented somewhere (guess nobody reads that readme.txt anyway... :) )that the connection of multiple outputs is set independently of how the host dictates things.

If multiple outputs is enabled inside ZynAddSubFX, then ch1 is not used and ch2-17 are mapped to parts 1-16.
If multiple outputs is disabled, Ch1 represents the mixed audio for parts 1-16 and other channels are not used.

As for the setting, I only added one window to the original software which is the MIDI window. I had nowhere else to place the option...
Sorry for the inconvenience... ;)
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

jackoo wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:32 pm If multiple outputs is enabled inside ZynAddSubFX, then ch1 is not used and ch2-17 are mapped to parts 1-16.
If multiple outputs is disabled, Ch1 represents the mixed audio for parts 1-16 and other channels are not used.

As for the setting, I only added one window to the original software which is the MIDI window.
Hello Jackoo!

I use the classic zyn .505, and I use Cubase as DAW. (Windows 10, PC) I always thought there was only one output, but there seems to be plenty. The question is: How do I tell the different instruments which output I want them to be routed to?

/per99
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

You can't, because they are hard coded.

If you enable multiple outputs, part 1 will always output to audio output 2.
Part 2 will always output to audio output 3.
(and so on...)
Part 16 will always output to audio channel 17.
Audio channel 1 will be muted.

You can copy a whole part to another part, and thus it will output on another channel.

But you cannot set two parts output to the same audio output, unfortunately. You would have to mix them inside your DAW.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”