Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

t all, gjdgsgh
Last edited by per99 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

jackoo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:40 pm But actually, here only the val knobs matter and they don't do anything if they're in the middle (all values are equal). / ... / And a val of 64 does not change the cutoff freq.
So the filter envelope only affects the cutoff frequency and nothing else? I didn't realize that until now (because the filter section has so many more functions than that).

Yes, I think that's true. So with your previous setting, you were keeping the cutoff at max through the envelope.

BTW: your guitar sounded very nice! congrats.

jackoo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:13 pm BTW: your guitar sounded very nice! congrats.
Thanks! I may have mentioned that I still haven't got a midi keyboard. I guess you have one, and I wonder if it's possible to change some kind of setting, so that the velocity signal sent from the keyboard never exceeds a specific value (lets say 94), regardless of how hard you hit the keys? Because if that's the case, maybe I should upload my bass guitar.

(For some reason it isn't possible to get the rattling sound totally silent, unless I uncheck the enable box. The rattling sound has its own program, but if I automatize the volume and turn it down to zero it's still audible.)

Hi,
There are (free) vst plugins to scale the velocity, so you can restrict the domain of velocity however you want. These work best in a modular setup / DAW (like EnergyXT), but perhaps could work in other DAWs that support more complex midi routing. So no problem at all with that.

What do you mean by "its own program"? normally this kind of behavior should be handled with expression (CC11) or the amplitude ADSR.

jackoo wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:03 pm What do you mean by "its own program"?
I haven't forgotten about this. I will try to explain in a couple of days or so. Maybe also create a zip file containing the bass guitar and some information. Is it possible to attach a zip file to a PM? Because I'd rather not upload it "publically" (don't know if it's the right word) at this stage.

jackoo wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:03 pm Hi
Hi yourself!
Last edited by per99 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wow! sounds awesome.
I'll dissect it during the weekend.
Thanks & Cheers!

Hi, ZynAddSubFX-VDX_VST-2.4.1.505beta seems to be broken

In what way?
Please provide all the necessary details about your software and hardware environment.

Hi jackoo, I'm so sorry.... I miss the word "link"... So I wanted to say that the ZynAddSubFX-VDX_VST-2.4.1.505beta link is offline. Apologize for any inconvenience caused due my wrong message.

Hi G_Major,

No problem!
I'll check the link later today. I anyhow would like to make some minor updates (related to polyphony limiting - I'd like that the older notes are discarded so you don't get into the situation that notes no longer play because old notes have larger release times).

But I have to find how to host it...
I have to check my dropbox, there may be an issue there, or maybe I can talk to the kind person who's hosting v496 to host also the update.

Cheers!

LE: link should be fixed. Let's see if I have time to fix also the polyphony...
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

I had problems updating Reaper and verified that the problem was that reaper_host32.exe was in the background with Reaper closed. After using ZynAddSubFX VST and closing Reaper x64 the bridge x86 remains in the background. Every time Reaper opens and closes. This problem in Reaper is only with Zyn. Please see picture...
Thanks to Jackoo for his great work. Thanks to him I can enjoy this powerful synth.
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Hello,

That's a known memory leak bug, and is very difficult to fix.
I always use zynaddsubfx inside a wrapper when I use it directly with Reaper.
I use EnergyXT v1.

Alternatively, there is a small free vst hoster for example:
Wusik VM

I checked to load Wusik WM bridged, and Zyn inside. And then Reaper_host exits normally.

PS: Using Wusik VM you're actually adding a nice arpeggiator to Zyn :D :)

:tu: Thanks for the post and the solution.
Regards
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”