Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Marginal Ray wrote:Hi,
When will ZYN 3 be available for Windows ?
Happy that's free, but I would pay for it.
+1 I already wrote about it in topic. Though, i must admit, now it is not so critical as was let say year or two ago. Because a number of other complex and interesting vst synths increasing. But subject are still interesting (at least, yet).
Though, ofcourse it is a business of the author only, and perhaps there are some "underwater stones" like a legal nature etc - it is unknown. Then let it be just as thinking out loud.

Marginal Ray wrote: As Zyn user for a long time, I'm so happy of ist rebirth... as VST, in a Windows environnement. When will ZYN 3 be available for Windows ?
By the end of the summer there will be at minimum a demo of the windows version + new UI. I will be working on this task for a few months full time. At this time I'm not going to claim that it will be ready on a specific date due to the unpredictable nature of software estimates. I do have a mailing list setup for updates for the 3.0.0 UI/windows return http://eepurl.com/bS2Z0P . I'm currently expecting something like an every other week sort of update on progress there, but plans may change. If you sign up there, I'd expect updates to start appearing mid May with a user survey appearing a month or so before that.
Marginal Ray wrote: Happy that's free, but I would pay for it.
Currently I'm planning on charging users for downloads of the VST bundled with the 3.0.0 UI. The UI will be covered under a non-GPL license while the core of zyn will continue to be under the GPL v2+. This should help offset the cost of full time work and it should help ensure that the time is properly dedicated to ensure a level of polish that I think zyn deserves.

At some stage further down the line the UI will become open source software (free to download source, but free packaged versions may depend upon someone interested in maintaining that side of things), but the exact dates of that depend largely on how much interest there is in this project.
Marginal Ray wrote: I hope sound designers will create new banks for Zyn 3.
Well, they have been creating plenty of patches for more recent dev work. The main sourceforge website is currently getting revamped. The last listed patch count was a few hundred and now it's at 1100+ IIRC.

Marginal Ray wrote: Last wish : importing samples and SFZ files, like Synthmaster or Alchemy (Camel audio, now Apple Logic Pro) do...
To me this sounds like it's outside the scope of the project and it might be better suited by other applications. I may just be missing a workflow based rational for this though.
Marginal Ray wrote: ... and last question : Is Paul Nasca involved in Zyn 3 ?
In terms of the 3 UI, I'm likely going to code that entirely myself. For other components there's a pretty large variety of devs actively working on bits, but Paul's last commit was in 2010, so I would not expect him to be directly involved in this major version release.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

fundamental wrote:By the end of the summer there will be at minimum a demo of the windows version + new UI.
Thank you fundamental, for your continued commitment to Zyn! It really is unique. I have several quality, commercial grade VSTi's in my arsenal, and Zyn continues to find a home in many of my mixes!
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

In fact, I’m thankful to Paul Nasca to have created such a huge synth, and make it free. Thanks also to Fundamental, and all the other developers. It is absolute normal and fair that the massive work done for V3 deserves a reward, even if it’s more the GUI that the heart of the synth that is concerned. My most expensive soft synth is Alchemy (Camel Audio): 200 € and twice as much for additional banks. And now, Camel belongs to Apple, and Alchemy is included in Logic.

When samples are not needed, the "old", free, home made Zyn is still my reference. My music in more pop rock than electro. When it comes to choose an acoustic or electric instrument, the choice is always between synth and sample (or sample capable synths like Alchemy or the actual hype Synthmaster). In fact, it’s better to use a good synth sound then a bad sample bank. If you need classic sounds (guitar, bass, strings, brass, organ, even choir…), Zyn is to me the closest way to get the feeling of the real thing, even if not the exact sound. It’s more the behavior of the sound or of the instrument that is mimicked, that the sound itself. Zyn sounds like a music instrument, an analogue instrument.

Zyn can also be used for pure electro, but the fact that it does not integrate a real arpeggiator can’t make it a favorite instrument for this kind of music. However, there are excellent midi arpeggiators, mostly free.

Beside Alchemy, that I still use for some arp sounds and sample based patches (voices mostly), and Zyn (my main synth), I use Synthmaster player, and may buy the fool synth later. But I know how it works, and of course, how it sounds. Like Zyn, it’s a multi synthesis machine, with an addictive engine, so you should be able to make every kind of sound. But this synth shines mostly with real pure electronic presets. It sounds like a… synthesizer (same for NI Massive or Zebra 2). I never have problems to mix Zyn with natural instruments (or samples), especially electric guitar. I can’t say that for others.

Another impressive characteristic of Zyn is that it sounds good in almost every domain. The synth Diva, from U-he, is considered as sounding as good as a real Minimoog. I compared it (just demo version) with Zyn, for several kind of sounds: Zyn can produce all what Diva can, with the same level of quality, but the reverse is not true.

I must also say a word about the FX section. I own top rated FX like Echoboy, Valhalla verbs, several Waves products (leader in the pro word). Zyn FX are as usable as this products, and sound really good. It’s by far not the case of every synthesizer!

Ok. Long (new) live for Zyn! I can’t wait for V3 under Windows).

Raymond
http://www.marginalray.com

Good to hear that develop for Win are continue.
As a wish - usual way of automation for all parameters through DAW.

c_voltage wrote:As a wish - usual way of automation for all parameters through DAW.
MIDI learn has already been implemented for essentially all parameters. Some of the changes are only audible on the next played note, but this is changing in the 2.5.x series.

fundamental wrote:
c_voltage wrote:As a wish - usual way of automation for all parameters through DAW.
MIDI learn has already been implemented for essentially all parameters. Some of the changes are only audible on the next played note, but this is changing in the 2.5.x series.
Sorry, just i long time not follow topic, for just in case - the latest version available for Windows this is v2.4.1.496beta ? And this 32 bit only yet ?

Does the synth runs on windows 8.1 with Cubase 8.5?
Have I only to copy the whole folder in my vst directory or have I to do something more?

c_voltage wrote:
fundamental wrote:
Sorry, just i long time not follow topic, for just in case - the latest version available for Windows this is v2.4.1.496beta ? And this 32 bit only yet ?
I've only read a few of the posts in this long thread, but that does seem to be the case.

fundamental are you:

1. Keeping Win XP SP 3 support?
2. Will the synth still be named ZynAddSubFX or just Zyn 3?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:fundamental are you:

1. Keeping Win XP SP 3 support?
Currently all of my systems run Linux, so the version of windows that I use to perform the port depends upon what version of windows is easiest to setup in a virtual machine. That might still be XP, but it has been years since I've looked into setting up a VM. Once development is further along I might throw up a few polls to see which OS versions have the most demand. The GUI should be rather trivial to port to different systems, but the main synthesizer involves a fair bit more work.

HunterKiller wrote:2. Will the synth still be named ZynAddSubFX or just Zyn 3?
The name of the synthesizer will be ZynAddSubFX, though I will be soliciting codename recommendations for the new UI in a survey which should be out in around a week.

Great news! We'll wait impatiently the new ZynAddSubFX VST. Many thanks. I can try it in Windows XP and Windows 7 x86. Regards.
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Did this discussion move to another forum? No updates, polls, or updates in nearly six months....anyone know something about the status of 3.0?

jwise wrote:Did this discussion move to another forum? No updates, polls, or updates in nearly six months....anyone know something about the status of 3.0?
Updates have happened mostly on the 3.0.0 specific mailing list: http://eepurl.com/bS2Z0P
Right now the 3.0.0 UI has gone through alpha testing for windows/linux and it's now in a late beta build state. At this stage I'm working through remaining bugs, polishing up the overall look&feel/layout, and final packaging should happen in the near future.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

The only specific questions I could have will obviously have to wait (impatiently) as to a release date and wishing I could pre-order the update.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”