Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vstplanet.com announced version 2.5.1 but I could not find anywhere vst..

Please latest 2.5.1 VST binaries )

The VST version has not been updated to 2.5.1, the standalone and DSSI version have been updated.
Due to a split codebase it may be a while before the 2.5.x changes get propagated to the VST version.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Thanks for the info

fundamental wrote:The VST version has not been updated to 2.5.1, the standalone and DSSI version have been updated.
Due to a split codebase it may be a while before the 2.5.x changes get propagated to the VST version.
OK, I found the VST version. Thanks for that ! But the "the standalone and DSSI version" remains elusive unless you were referring to the Linux standalone version ? Is there an up to date Zyn stand alone for Windows ? Otherwise I'll stick with the VST.

Please excuse the possibly silly question, but exactly what is the latest Windows vst version? I've seen 2.5.0 mentioned, but according to everything I've researched, 2.4.1.496beta is what I've found, and that is listed on the first page of this forum. Just curious.

And, before I forget my manners, thank you so much for maintaining this incredible synth. I'm just starting to scratch the surface of it's capabilities, but I'm totally amazed and having a ball exploring the possibilities.

Cheers and thanks again.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Google is your best friend:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zynaddsubfx/
http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/

And also this from a few posts above:
fundamental wrote:The VST version has not been updated to 2.5.1, the standalone and DSSI version have been updated.

Yes, thanks. I had previously located those versions and found the reference to 2.5.1 having not been compiled to a Windows vst yet, but a bit of "chatter" had me looking anyway ...

The question may be moot as I'm planning to move to a Mac soon. :)

Cheers.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I just downloaded the current version!
But how I can use the new GUI?

Any news on fresh VST builds?

umm... has anyone been working on this since I retired?
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

jackoo wrote:umm... has anyone been working on this since I retired?
Not really to the best of my knowledge.

There was one dev who was interested in integrating some of the modifications back into the mainline, but no major developments have come of that so far.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Any chance of your un-retiring?

caonoize wrote:
Any chance of your un-retiring?
That is very unlikely.

Hi,

As Zyn user for a long time, I'm so happy of ist rebirth... as VST, in a Windows environnement. When will ZYN 3 be available for Windows ?

I posted some reviews in french audio web sites, like Audiofanzine with the conclusion that there is no better sounding synth as Zyn.

Happy that's free, but I would pay for it.

Synthmaster is an alternative because it's multi synthesis and very powerful, but the sounds are mostly cold and often too "electronic" for pop rock music. In a way, Zyn sounds like a real music instrument when others sounds like... software (I know that in reality, there is no real difference between softsynths and a digital keyboard like Access Virus, because digital is digital). But Zyn has a kind of "natural vibration" making the sound living. Probably because ramdonness and unlinearity are very well implemented, and because the synth is so powerful, making it possible to sculpt the sound.

I hope sound designers will create new banks for Zyn 3.

Last wish : importing samples and SFZ files, like Synthmaster or Alchemy (Camel audio, now Apple Logic Pro) do...

... and last question : Is Paul Nasca involved in Zyn 3 ?

Raymond

Music partially done with zyn (main synth, beside guit and drum software, and vocal samples) : http://www.marginalray.com
The song "avatar où es-tu passé ?" is 100 % zyn, except some drums.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”