Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jackoo wrote:'bother'?
[...]

umm... actually, after some thought, I would recommend that you never ever touch it. Please keep on waiting for that... day.
Okay, no reason to be nasty. I asked because I've tried installing many 32 bit programs in my system (Cubase 7) and many just don't work. Some of them, the GUIs don't even load right.

I think I read somewhere that it doesn't work in 64 bit and I just wanted to make sure that was true before I took the time to try to install this and attempt to use it.

If you tell me it works on 64 bit in Cubase I will try it.

That's all I'm asking. Again, no reason to be nasty.

ok, i'm sorry and apologize for my reaction.

But I interpreted your question as being mean in the first place.
But how would you feel after you put quite some amount of work into something and then people don't even 'bother' to *try* it.

It shouldn't crash. I'm not using Win7 for my main DAW.
If it does crash a lot, then nobody 'bothered' to mention it here, which is where I'd expect people to post if it crashes. I see now it's mentioned in another thread.

If I can replicate something causing it to crash, I normally try to fix it.

The dll works fine in some hosts I have tested on Win7 64bit (free hosts, yes - I have to demo others in case I have some detailed information on how to replicate crashes)

jackoo wrote:ok, i'm sorry and apologize for my reaction.

But I interpreted your question as being mean in the first place.
But how would you feel after you put quite some amount of work into something and then people don't even 'bother' to *try* it.

It shouldn't crash. I'm not using Win7 for my main DAW.
If it does crash a lot, then nobody 'bothered' to mention it here, which is where I'd expect people to post if it crashes. I see now it's mentioned in another thread.

If I can replicate something causing it to crash, I normally try to fix it.

The dll works fine in some hosts I have tested on Win7 64bit (free hosts, yes - I have to demo others in case I have some detailed information on how to replicate crashes)
No problem. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Somebody posted a screen print of this in another thread and now I remember it. It doesn't look anything like the screen prints on the site and I guess that's because I'm using it in a DAW (Cubase).

When i tried to install this (I think it was 2013) I had all kinds of problems with it. I don't remember them specifically. All I know is that getting it to work at all was so difficult that I eventually just gave up.

I'm guessing that this is because of some kind of conflict between the VST and Cubase 7.

I'm frustrated because I listened to the demos and I love the way this sounds. Hard to believe this is a free synth. Figures that I can't use it..

Please accept my apologies. If ever a 64 bit version that is compatible with Cubase 7 comes out, let me know. Of course by them Cubase 7 probably won't even be supported as fast as Steinberg keeps coming up with new versions that always seem to be worse than the ones before.

Yeah, don't even get me started on them.

I'm sorry again that I offended you. I indeed misinterpreted you.

Latest Cubase I have is version 5, and I have tested that, but with windows XP.
On win7 64bit I tested with Savihost and VSTHost and they're ok (no crashes).

The GUI looks different because I hardcoded every knob for automation manually. If I get the new skin from the linux codebase, I have to redo that all over again, and it's... alot of code to rewrite just for the nicer GUI.

Maybe I'll get a demo of Cubase 7 and try it out.

jackoo wrote:I'm sorry again that I offended you. I indeed misinterpreted you.

Latest Cubase I have is version 5, and I have tested that, but with windows XP.
On win7 64bit I tested with Savihost and VSTHost and they're ok (no crashes).

The GUI looks different because I hardcoded every knob for automation manually. If I get the new skin from the linux codebase, I have to redo that all over again, and it's... alot of code to rewrite just for the nicer GUI.

Maybe I'll get a demo of Cubase 7 and try it out.
Thanks, but I don't want you to knock yourself out. Cubase 7 is such a different animal from 5 that it's doubtful you'll get it to work right without a ton of changes.

I've heard nothing but great things about this VST and the demos are amazing, which is why I wanted to give it another shot. My only chance is probably trying it in Reaper except it doesn't help me in any of my projects because I only use Cubase for doing actual work. Reaper is just to see if the problem I'm having is Cubase related or a problem with the plugin itself or a 64 bit problem.

Zyn VST v2.4.1.496beta also work perfect with Reaper, Cubase 5 and Cubase SX3 (sorry I don't Cubase 7) Windows 7 32 Bits. Jackoo's work is great. Thank you so much for sharing, friend!
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Iu Gob wrote:Zyn VST v2.4.1.496beta also work perfect with Reaper, Cubase 5 and Cubase SX3 (sorry I don't Cubase 7) Windows 7 32 Bits. Jackoo's work is great. Thank you so much for sharing, friend!
Don't mean to seem as stupid or lazy as I no doubt am, but where can that version be downloaded? Any chance of making that more obvious on the SourceForge site?

please check the first page of this thread

Thanks. Wasn't sure that was *actually* the latest, post appears to have last been edited over two years ago. I don't mean to be critical of anyone by saying that, that's just how my thought process went.

Iu Gob wrote:Zyn VST v2.4.1.496beta also work perfect with Reaper, Cubase 5 and Cubase SX3 (sorry I don't Cubase 7) Windows 7 32 Bits. Jackoo's work is great. Thank you so much for sharing, friend!
Wagtunes, the lastest Zyn VST also works great in my DAW, Sonar X3e/64 bit, with Win 7x64. No Jbridge, just Sonar's built-in bit bridge.
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

Hi all,

is the 499 version not recommended?

Cause it's not listed on the first post of this thread.

Chris

it is recommended.

But it's just like 496. It only doesn't crash when you make the patch mono. And it defaults the MOD wheel to 0 instead of 64, which I think it's not so nice, but somebody requested that. It's not nice, because when you design a sound, you turn up the pitch LFO (depth) and see that nothing is happening. Then after you loose some time remember to fire the MOD wheel up.

My bad for not putting it in front, but I thought back then to wait for a more important update before I re-pack everything. This didn't happen.
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Thanks for the info.

Concerning MOD wheel: I would have prefered an option in the cfg file.

Defaulting to 64 (for compatibility).

Chris

Really nice synth. It sound very awesome!

But I wonder if there are any news about 2.5 VST version.

Regards,
Gonzalo

No updates for the 2.5 VST yet
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”