Unsupported Plugins that work on Receptor!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought Antares Harmony EFX for cheap through a Sweetwater sale. Guess I should've checked if it was compatible on my Receptor first. I have a version 1 with Komplete Inside.

Any info or ideas for installing are appreciated!

Does anyone know about the Waldorf plugin compatibility? Thanks in advance.

bubbajazz wrote:Does anyone know about the Waldorf plugin compatibility? Thanks in advance.
They won't work, because they used the eLicenser.

-John

Lounge Lizard 4 works on my Receptor 2 (1.9 OS).

So far so good. Full UI, no crashes. Sounds glorious.

This will hold me over on modeled EPs until Pianoteq 4 Stage can be worked out (rumored to be in the works).

-John

hopkihc wrote:Lounge Lizard 4 works on my Receptor 2 (1.9 OS).

This will hold me over on modeled EPs until Pianoteq 4 Stage can be worked out (rumored to be in the works).

-John
About E-pianos

Owning the relevant addon with Pianoteq 4, i would say if you allow me, that LL4 is more interesting and way more relevant featurewise : the parameters of Pianoteq being primarily focused on acoustic piano models as far as i can judge

hopkihc wrote:Lounge Lizard 4 works on my Receptor 2 (1.9 OS).

-John
can you tell me what you did to get it working please?

I just get install fail :-(

madjack wrote: can you tell me what you did to get it working please?

I just get install fail :-(
I don't recall EXACT steps, but I can tell you there was no magic involved.

I dropped the installer executable in the "Drop Installers Here" folder, made sure no patches were loaded, and clicked the Install button on the Setup page.

I installed the VST ONLY. (When I get a moment I'll check which path I used to install the app.)

Maybe it's worth mentioning that I had some other AAS demo software (UA-1) installed, although I'm not sure how that would make a difference.

What have you tried? Are you on the latest OS?

-John

It was as simple as you said. I was looking for a more complicated way, copying .dll files etc. :-)

many thanks

Mark

Pulling my previous assessment of Predator 1.6.4a.

I'm getting unpredictable issues with it (delay in processing sound, CPU spikes).

I can still find ways to use it, but for solid use live on the Rec, it's not there. I guess stick with the supported version for now.

-John

Ultra Analog VA2 works great!

Load a blank multi, drop the installer into the "Drop Installers Here" directory, install to the C:\Program Files\Unsupported Plugins path. I refreshed plugins for good measure. You can authorize in offline mode with no problems.

Cheers,
John

Just installed Pianoteq Stage 4.5.2 as above and authorized in offline mode. Works great so far (can change patches, use velocity calibration, etc.).

Update: I'm getting some Receptor UI lockups (1.9 OS) when instantiating the plugin, although the front panel still works. Will have to see if I can make this happen. Also, CPU usage is around 25% most of the time, so it's not exactly a "lean" plugin.

-John

Hi,

I'm interested in the Muse Receptor to take the strain off the cpu in a mixing context. I understand that most primarily use this with synth vsts etc... but I think it would be awesome to be able get more dsp for extremely-intensive vsts like Acustica Nebula.

How frequently do you actually run into authorization issues with the majority of plugins?

Can anybody tell me if Acustica Nebula plugins can be used with the Muse Receptor? That would be a huge selling point if it was the case. I know a lot of people love Nebula but it's a pain to use in the box because of heavy cpu.

Bump.... Is anybody answering on this forum? I thought it was a simple and straightforward question. I think this got asked before and the developers dodged the question. Nebula is one of the most widely-used samplers now. Hoping someone can answer if they work.

My experience with Pianoteq 4 stage:in live mode there is a lock up and pause when switching with program changes to presets that contain pianoteq. When I switch to a different preset, then go back to the previously instantiated pianoteq plugin live mode preset there is no pause. The solution has been to make sure that I program change to the pianoteq presets before the performance starts. Not a great workaround, but I the way I use live mode-making sure that all the presets are loaded into ram, it has not been crippling.

Anybody install 8Dio products?
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”