Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you considered making a 'drum machine' version with touch sensitive pads and a 4-5" lcd screen to see the gui? Something standalone and portable like an mpc 500 but would use VST drum synths/machines ? oh, and affordable.. but I suppose thats relative..

A minor scale is a major scale starting 3 half steps down from the major and visa versa. Any Chord has as many versions as it has notes.

I'd love a way to search through patches on Receptor from the GUI. A basic search for patch name would be nice, but even better would be an attributes browser kinda like you can do with Kore. Come to think of it, how about Kore2 running on Receptor!

:hihi:

Throbert wrote:it's already here
http://www.openlabs.com/DBeat.html
Thats 4 thousand dollars!!! Which is the same price as my first two automobiles combined!

I'm thinking of something much smaller (could fit in your lap) and A LOT more affordable (500 USD or less..)

D-Beat is overkill and overpriced.. I'm not even sure my whole 'studio' is 4 grand.

Yes I'm not sure the feasiblity of this.. but its just an idea im throwing out :hihi: But I'm thinking more of a portable version of Receptor.. small '4 chan mixer' sized portable.. with perhaps half the cpu power and a quarter of the price. I'd just make sure it has pressure sensitive drum pads and can read/write to memory cards. Actually with a TR style sequencer would be fun.. If the Electribes have shown anything.. its that there is a market for it..

Word clock input or digital sync (slave) that won't degrade processing capacity.

To have an external USB cd-rom recognised to install some software or read samples from cd, and to have the external sata port working to make backups.

A functioning MIDI OUT would be nice. Apparently it's impossible to use a control surface with motorized faders since there is no MIDI data sent out the MIDI OUT jack of the Receptor.

So, why have a jack that's never used?

JH

Removing the codes that stop us loading our plug-ins, i.e: the ones we like but you don't. I'm thinking of Nexus, Korg Leagacy, D'Cota, Tera 3 etc, etc

I think it is wrong for you to go on a crusade against companies/crackers that surely isn't what a synth maker should be doing!

+1 multiple USB-powered USB-midi keyboards

Hi-- don't have a Receptor. I currently am using a rack mounted Computer in my guitar's signal chain and using Ableton Live. Using it for some effects, guitar synth, and looping. The reasons I am looking elsewhere are it's heavy and there is audio interference that I can't get rid of (not sure if it's the fan, cpu fan, hard drive). Well, the Receptor doesn't seem to be an option because it has not enough audio outputs (I route the guitar synth signal to a PA/stereo receiver and the guitar signal to my guitar amp) and there are not enough MIDI inputs (midi foot controller and guitar synth interface). I also presume that having additional ones would create the need to be able to program and route these accordingly.

Having these would make me try and use the Receptor -- assuming the audio interference problem I currently have wouldn't exist with the receptor. Right now though, it just can't do what I want it to.

Hardware Update / Gk Input for Receptor 2 !

Hi,
I'm new here in the forum and not sure whether I'm right here. If not, move please!

I would wish me a combination of the Roland VG / VB 99 and the Receptor technology with GK Input for the receptor, and would like to play software instruments like Scarbee, Chris Hein, Vir2 Basis and so on, with the Receptor by guitar and bass.

So one of the Receptor can directly operate with bass and guitar (for example, with GK 3 Hexpickup) without having to use him on the detour as an external MIDI sound module!
Therefore, the idea with the GK input for the Receptor.

I fear that the receptor behaves when used as an external MIDI sound module, much like the VB 99 or Axon AX100 mkII, if one runs them with external sound modules, otherwise I would have bought Receptor already ..
Both devices (VB 99 and axon) I so have already tried with bass (GK 3B) via MIDI ...
Today Slap Bass over MIDI is there really not a good idea, even if the sounds of the connected sound modules themselves so well and nteressant.

The MIDI change has unfortunately there is still so large tracking problems and audible high latency, so something live is not applicable.

Could have someone test Receptor with a "GK-ready Bass" works (for example with Vir2 Basis) with Receptors MidiInput or a "normal" Bass with Receptors 6,3mm Input ? That would interest me burning!

Is it technically not yet an option, the advantages of both systems (Receptor / VB 99, VG 99) combine without their respective disadvantages with each other? So I can play Audiomodeling / Physdicalmodeling and Vst software tools in only one device? The technology is already available!

Was thinking about gambling?
Muse but also cooperates with several other hardware manufacturers such as Peavey. Why not with Roland?

Combining the best of both worlds in one device would look like the competition can be quite old.
Thus the receptor would then also for guitarists and bass players who would otherwise tend to access a AXE FX Ultra or VG / VB 99, the ultimate tool with absolute high-end sounds!
As it were the Holy Grail for all stringed instruments ...

An other important point would be a hardware update for the CPU and more than 4 GB of RAM. (For example, optional 8 GB?)
The Receptor 2 is offered for some time as Intel single / Dual Core's. Meanwhile, there are relatively "cheap" and even Intel QuadCore and SixCore processors.

Are there factory, considerations in this direction?

stingray

I'm sure this has been said, but an XLR input would be great. Thanks.

I'm sure this has been said, but an XLR input would be great. Thanks.

Uniwire with Native 64 bit support,
this will improve the performance :P
A lot of musici are using 64 bit now because it has a lot of advantages.

Play compatibility

Return to “Muse Research and Development”