Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A CURE FOR DEMENTIA
A simplified save feature which allows a multi to be saved w/ one push of a button... and this save would save everything associated w/ that multi... that means user patches on different channels of the receptor. Seems that one of the biggest issues w/ the receptor is that it forgets things... whether that be loading a blank patch on boot-up (when you shut down w/ a user multi), forgetting and not reloading sounds w/in various libraries (I have had issues w/ both East West and Native Instruments libraries/samplers). It is also very time consuming to save every patch on every channel as a new user patch and then save the entire multi. Don't have to do this on most computers, at least on a Mac.

UNIWIRE TESTING WITH THE LATEST VERSIONS OF LOGIC

I do not run across many Logic users who are using the Receptor. Not sure why. I just know in my experience, Uniwire is very unstable w/ Apple's Logic Pro and I wish that MUSE could pay a little more attention to Uniwire's compatibility issues w/ Logic Pro, now Logic Pro 8. I'm curious how much testing is really being done w/ Logic.

A "DISABLE PROGRAM CHANGE" FUNCTION W/IN UNIWIRE

...so that Uniwire doesn't keep loading various patches on the Receptor when I open a song (in Logic).

Thanks for all you guys are doing. So glad you now have the Direct Install feature!
Receptor Pro/EWQLSO/Symphonic Choirs/ Stormdrum/Atmosphere/B4II/Akoustic Piano/GForce Future Retro Pack/Garritan Jazz & Big Band/BFD/Battery 2/3/Komtakt 3/2.4 GHZ Core 2 Duo iMac/4 Gigs RAM/OSX 10.5.1/ Logic 8.02

Linux support for Uniwire? Someone on the forum said they got it working ages ago, I must not be as smart.. it sure would be sweet to have access to all the plugins in the receptor from JACK in linux.

give me the ability to assign a midi footswitch to cycle through the patches, this would be awesome with snapshots.

:O

House an SD Midi file player to trigger the VST's within the receptor, that way you have a totally compact unit that can playback 0 midi files. A peripheral for the receptor which would work really well would be a touch screen TFT. I use a Kenton control freak studio for live control and looking at a 48 channel desk plus an extra 16 with the receptor. A touch screen TFT would make this far easier and make my gear more compact.
Never pick up the flag

I wish Smaart on my Receptor...
NL3

Support for multiple USB keyboards at the same time.

...i know it has been mentioned before, but lack of this feature recently developed into a show-stopper:

please implement MIDI parameter feedback for external controllers

...i made an interface for the Jazzmutant Lemur to control the Receptor Mixer and the source-plugins (working on simple Zebra2 and a little more advanced Z3ta+ interfaces), and realised that i do not get feedback from the Receptor...

...this results in quite some jumps when opening a new interface or Receptor preset during a session - i dare say: inacceptable jumps...

...another minor wish on my list is also ADAT-IN...

I've just read through all 10 pages of this topic. All excellent ideas.

Does anyone know if any or all of these feature requests have made it into the latest version of Receptor?

support for East West PLAY ... will this happen soon?

Route CC# to source plugin BUTTON visible on each of the Receptor's screen or better on front panel
I am currently using Korg NanoKontrol and have 1-st scene prepared for controlling Receptor's mixer, three other scenes for B4II, Massive and Absynth. It could be easier to have such button under one click :D

Way to group instruments by for example: analogs, pianos, etc on the Source list? I know I can display by Developer, but it could be nice to have filter by previously defined groups.

Please let Synthogy Ivory 1.7 run on the Receptor!

Integrated MIDI mapping software

So I can assign the patch buttons on my controller to whatever Receptor VSTi patch I wish.

More support for we pianists out here...Ivory 1.7, Galaxy 11, Garritan Steinway, BDMO, EWQLP or at least some of these for my Reptor 2 Pro.
Please, please please :)

Ciey wrote:Route CC# to source plugin BUTTON visible on each of the Receptor's screen or better on front panel
I am currently using Korg NanoKontrol and have 1-st scene prepared for controlling Receptor's mixer, three other scenes for B4II, Massive and Absynth. It could be easier to have such button under one click :D

I would like a better implementation of automation control of the Receptor Mixer, in general. It is a MAJOR design constraint/limitation to make users choose to either have MIDI control the Receptor Mixer (with no CCs going to the source plugin) *OR* route CCs to the source plugins (with no MIDI control over Receptor's mixer).

Why can't both be available? If Receptor's controls could be assigned to NRPNs on a (user selected or default selected) MIDI channel *and* all CCs routed to source plugins, you could accomplish this. The only thing lost might be the slight possibility of some NRPNs (on a specific plugin that might happen to be assigned to the Receptor Control MIDI channel) might overlap. Even if this was a major issue, I would easily deal with giving up a Receptor channel to allow routing CCs *and* Receptor Mix control at the same time.

Regards,
Kevin L

Return to “Muse Research and Development”