Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would REALLY like to see the possibility to re-route CC's per SINGLE, and also have these routings stored within singles/multis. For instance, all cc's on ch. 1 go to the single of mixer ch. 1. This way i could make a template on my midi controller, which i never have to reconfigure. I can then change what each parameter does in the receptor, and even have it change when loading a single/multi.
-Midi plugins would of course also change this. I can see that the changing of MIDI functionality is hard for Muse, because i guess they'd want it to stay compatible with the older OS.

hi- i am jamming right now with receptor and i gotta say- ITS GREAT!! im playing my guitar into Digital Performer with Guitar Rig and other effects, and then ive got BFD, Trilogy, Atmosphere, and Kontakt 2 running all on receptor.

one thing that would be helpful and easy to do is put gain readouts on the Remote channels, and pan center detente markings.

cheers, great work!

Kurt

These are the improvements I would like to see, all software and I'm sure they've already been mentioned before but its mostly midi mapping improvements.

1. The receptor mixer channel volume should respond on the midi channel selected.
2. Need to add support for the midi out and allow midi in signals to be filtered on a receptor channel.

JP

internal sidechain possibilities would be nice too.

more stability with patch management. i had several patches which after saving wouldn't load. Song in progress not backed up, pretty much nothing you can do to recover the song! :(

The new Receptor I got two weeks ago is slightly louder than my laptop.
A dead quiet cooling system would be nice.

Probably an unusual request, but some easy way to do UniWire under Linux would make my life a lot easier. Right now I fight with several rather buggy methods (Wine/fst, Jack/WineAsio/VstHost)... but the Uniwire plugin is really the only plugin I need, because then I could run all or most of my VSTs outboard. I'd love to see Uniwire ported to LADSPA, LV2, native Linux VST, or probably the best option, a multichannel JACK client. Or you could let someone in the open-source community (me?) write the software by opening up the UniWire spec. (if you did, uniwire adoption would take off! but maybe it's not ready for the mainstream yet.)

MIDI parameter feedback for external controllers.

Make the note range parameter in the mixer apply to note offs as well as note ons.

Now, it appears that the note range parameter in the mixer does not apply to note-off messages. In other words, when you hit a note outside the range set on the note range paremeter, the note-on message will be blocked, but the note-off message will still get to the plug in.

This became a problem when I tried to create a split patch using EWQL Symphonic Orchestra, which uses note offs to trigger sampled room ambience. Outside of the range assigned to the mixer channel with the EWQLSO, the note offs were still triggering the ambience samples.

The only workaround appears to be to limit the note range on the EWQLSO Kontakt player itself. This is not satisfactory when making a snapshot bank when you might want to use different sections of a full range patch for different snapshots. With the note-off issue, the only work-around is to load multiple instances of the same samples, with each instance mapped to a different note range. With something like EWQLSO this can eat up 2 gigs of RAM fairly quickly.

K.

it would be great if you could independently select for each midi channel whether program changes go to multis, singles or sources.

I often use a piano sound on one keyboard, which I want to stay the same for most of my live set, and B4 II on another keyboard, and I want to quickly change sounds on the organ, without having to change channel or use snapshots (so I can keep the instruments on the same mixer channel).
My band: Lucky Soul
My other stuff: Red Route

It would be very useful if you could rearrange the order of multis or singles within a bank - for playing live, it would be so much easier to prepare set lists so you could just use the program increment buttons to go from one song to the next. As it is, it's quite a long-winded process to copy programs into new positions, and you end up with multiple copies cluttering up lots of banks.

jph4088 wrote:
1. The receptor mixer channel volume should respond on the midi channel selected.

JP
This would be great as long as it was optional - I often layer two instruments on the same midi channel, and need to have independent mixer control of both of them

nl3 wrote:Hi,
my best wish about Receptor improvement is ADAT INPUTS AVAILABLE!!!
I totally agree, my Receptor is the center piece of my keyboards rigs and I send Receptor outputs to the sound man. I would love to be able to add new keyboards to my rig, not only vst, physical keyboards!! And I want to be able to route them separately with various vst effects inside my receptor...
ADAT INPUTS! ADAT INPUTS! Even if I have to upgrade the soundcard, why not...
Would there be a simplest way to have more I/O inputs using the usb ports?
thanks
Charles

I'd LOVE to have rtas support!

Please make the midi channel that is assigned to the volume fader for each mixer channel selectable. Right now it is hardwired to the mixer channel. This way I could easily control the volume of a patch that uses several cahnnels of stacked vst's.

One thing i would love:

optionally being able to save I/O routing per single. So the I/O routing is recalled when i load another single. This way i can set for instance all my drum stuff to go out ADAT 1-2, synths ADAT 3-4 etc. Then the outputs would always arrive at the FOH mixer this way while i can use any channel for anything.

:)

Return to “Muse Research and Development”