Welcome to the Receptor Forum

RELATED
PRODUCTS

i use dp /would i have to use a wrapper to use this in dp? i will not use wrappers ,all my plugs and vi's i install as au
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

No, you don't need a wrapper. You can use Receptor like any other MIDI sound module: you send MIDI to your MIDI interface and you connect a MIDI cable to Receptor. When UniWire becomes available you will also be able to use just the Ethernet cable with the UniWire AU plug-in.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

thanks for the info
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

mmetlay wrote:
My PC hasnt crashed since i bought it in Feb BTW :wink:
Have you actually turned it on yet? Sorry: I know it's George Costanza-late,but I couldn't resist.

By the way, please welcome back MAX REVERB to Muse. We're really happy to have Rick Escobar (Max Reveber) back with us, and as it turns out, he missed everyone so much that he had to come back!

WELCOME BACK RICK!!!

Good news! Rick/Max provided the best customer service experience I've ever had with any product, prompt and personal (& I'm in Canada), resolving an urgent hardware issue I had with my Receptor. Glad you got him back.

What has receptor to do with KVR? Why a dedicated part of the forum to it?

Muna wrote:What has receptor to do with KVR? Why a dedicated part of the forum to it?
Muse Research owns KVR.

ok cool thanks for the info :)

I need to load an entire mutli (which I created in a new Receptor) of more than 100 patches entirely into RAM for a live performance. I know others are doing this, but currently there is the lag while each patch loads as it is selected. How do I preload all patches in a multi so they are instantly available for quick switches? Am I missing out on some mysterious 'mapper' program?
teelabee

Hi,
I'm new here in the forum and not sure whether I'm right here. If not, move please!

I would wish me a combination of the Roland VG / VB 99 and the Receptor technology with GK Input for the receptor, and would like to play software instruments like Scarbee, Chris Hein, Vir2 and so on, with the Receptor by guitar and bass.

So one of the Receptor can directly operate with bass and guitar (for example, with GK 3 Hexpickup) without having to use him on the detour as an external MIDI sound module!
Therefore, the idea with the GK input for the Receptor.

I fear that the receptor behaves when used as an external MIDI sound module, much like the VB 99 or Axon AX100 mkII, if one runs them with external sound modules, otherwise I would have bought Receptor already ..
Both devices (VB 99 and axon) I so have already tried with bass (GK 3B) via MIDI ...
Today Slap Bass over MIDI is there really not a good idea, even if the sounds of the connected sound modules themselves so well and nteressant.

The MIDI change has unfortunately there is still so large tracking problems and audible high latency, so something live is not applicable.

Could have someone test as a "GK-ready Bass" works on receptor (for example, Vir2 Basis) with Receptors MidiInput ? That would interest me burning!

Is it technically not yet an option, the advantages of both systems (Receptor / VB 99, VG 99) combine without their respective disadvantages with each other? So I can play Audiomodeling / Physdicalmodeling and Vst software tools in only one device? The technology is already available!

Was thinking about gambling?
Muse but also cooperates with several other hardware manufacturers such as Peavey. Why not with Roland?

Combining the best of both worlds in one device would look like the competition can be quite old.
Thus the receptor would then also for guitarists and bass players who would otherwise tend to access a AXE FX Ultra or VG / VB 99, the ultimate tool with absolute high-end sounds!
As it were the Holy Grail for all stringed instruments ...

Return to “Muse Research and Development”