Welcome to the Receptor Forum

RELATED
PRODUCTS

What about plugs that are single OS, such as Zebra or z3ta, are the compliant with the Receptor OS? Are there limits to what it will install?

A Receptor's plug is basically a PC VST dll with a different installer. This imply it workd exactly like the VST pc version including preset management. Unfortunately it also means that it won't work with anything that is AU only.

Receptor can import fxp files for presets.

Rick
Muse Research Moderator
Kriminal wrote:So what about presets, what formay does it use?

I have a preset folder with subfolders for every synth i use, can i transfer that catalogue to the rack, or does it work diff to that?

MaxReverb wrote:Receptor can import fxp files for presets.
...and fxb's?

I assume it can also import wav's and drumkits?

Alex@PA wrote:
MaxReverb wrote:Receptor can import fxp files for presets.
...and fxb's?

I assume it can also import wav's and drumkits?
Receptor can import fxb's. If you want to know the details, Receptor will read the fxb file and save the individual fxp's in a folder. After that Receptor will use the fxp's.

You can copy wav files to Receptor, and plug-ins that can open those wav files will be able to use them.

Receptor comes with RM III and RM IV pre-installed and it supports their drumkits.

I cannot answer about other drumkits because I do not know their format. But, you can copy files to Receptor and if a plug-in can use those file, then it should work.

Dan
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

PhilAiken wrote:I think it depends on your use.
I'm interested in it primarily to use soft synths and samplers during live performance
I would imagine a laptop to be considerably more robust than these guys would have you believe. I dropped mine a few times without any damage and I bet I can get a good laptop cheaper than Receptor. Then there is the need for a sequencer as nothing I saw on their site suggests it has one in it so you'd need your PC anyway. Or am I missing something here?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I would imagine a laptop to be considerably more robust than these guys would have you believe. I dropped mine a few times without any damage and I bet I can get a good laptop cheaper than Receptor. Then there is the need for a sequencer as nothing I saw on their site suggests it has one in it so you'd need your PC anyway. Or am I missing something here?
Not missing anything....but what I didn't specify is there wouldn't be any sequencing involved. I'd be using it as a midi-module to be able to play giga-type piano samples using Kompakt, and also some other softsynths like B4, Lounge Lizard, the Auturia stuff et. al.
The fact that I could run VST effects and also use the unit in my home studio is
just icing on the cake.

Hang on, isn't this about the price of one of those super-workstations (Motif, Triton, Fantom)? This could be an interesting alternative to someone looking at a keyboard workstation for more sounds.

Seriously though - eight or ten seconds to boot up is still too long. If we're talking about bassists tripping over the power lead, or brownouts, then boot-up time should be closer to three seconds I think.

Forever,

Kim.

PhilAiken wrote:Not missing anything....but what I didn't specify is there wouldn't be any sequencing involved. I'd be using it as a midi-module to be able to play giga-type piano samples using Kompakt, and also some other softsynths like B4, Lounge Lizard, the Auturia stuff et. al.
That being the case I am certain I would rather use a Triton or even a TritonLE - for all the same reasons I wouldn't consider a Triton rack, I suppose.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:
PhilAiken wrote:Not missing anything....but what I didn't specify is there wouldn't be any sequencing involved. I'd be using it as a midi-module to be able to play giga-type piano samples using Kompakt, and also some other softsynths like B4, Lounge Lizard, the Auturia stuff et. al.
That being the case I am certain I would rather use a Triton or even a TritonLE - for all the same reasons I wouldn't consider a Triton rack, I suppose.
Maybe look at it as a Triton Rack, but dedicated to synthesis - many different kinds, not just sample-playback.

Forever,

Kim.

Yeah, but I would only use a rack to be played by a sequencer. If I wanted to play it, I'd buy the keyboard version and with Triton you get plenty more like a really good sequencer, arpeggiators and a much better GUI.

BONES wrote:
I don't believe that a Triton could do what I'm after. I specifically want to be able
to play piano sample libraries that are over a gigabyte in size and require
streaming from disc. I already have a digital piano, Kurzweil K2000, and various
other things that cover sampling,synthesis, etc...... I am looking for a specific function and the 2 options would be this or a laptop w/ and interface and a breakout box. The rackmountability of Receptor would be a plus.

I have Triton Extreme, Yamaha Motif and I assure you that they are completly different of Muse Receptor ... This is not comparable.

By the way, you can have some arpegiator with plugins too... and more complex than Triton...

For memory, expander like Motif don't have sequencer too...

Bye
Spid

greetings to all...

i'm somewhat reluctant to buy anything when we're on the verge of a major pc architecture change...multi-core 64 bit processor chips and 64 bit operating systems...so, questions:

can receptor's cpu be upgraded to a 64 bit multi-core cpu? at home or at the factory?

is receptor's os a 64 bit os? if not, can it (will it) be upgraded (so that it still runs 32 bit apps)?

if no, to the above questions: is a multi-core 64 bit receptor being designed?

i'd definitely fork over workstation prices for something like that...
overthrow KRAPITALISM ! you have nothing to lose but your claims.

The current version of Receptor cannot be upgraded to a 64-bit architecture. We do not comment on product development so I cannot tell you if we are working on a 64-bit version. Sorry.

A 64 bit processor and a 64 bit OS is not going to make a huge difference, until VST plug-ins take advantage of the 64 bit architecture. It will get there eventually.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”