Network/Remote control setup problem

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All, I need some help with setting up remote control & seeing the hard drive of my Receptor 2+.
The receptor is System Version 1.8.20110125
I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with macOS Sierra v10.12.6 (i7 16GB DDR3)
I have an apple convertor from Thunderbolt to Earthernet into a crossover network cable into the Receptor & the receptor set to crossover (shutdown and started up Mac then Receptor, then, receptor then mac).
If I go into network on the mac the address and netmask numbers shown on the receptors setup page (graphical display) are showing on the mac and the Thunderbolt is showing as connected (highlighted in green).
I've downloaded and installed v 1.4.20120206 of remote control from the muse site.
OK that all sounds good to me but, when I start up the Remote control the initial screen pops up but the dropdown box in the middle never gets past "Scanning for device" as if it can't see the Receptor. I've watched everything I can find on you tube and done loads of google searches but can work out what I'm doing wrong. Please help before I go bonkers!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”