Newby questions

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I just bought a used Receptor 2+ Pro..it looks fab so far. Quite a few of the loaded plug ins are assessment versions trial for a month type thing, I think originally they became live once you registered your receptor but I'm guessing that's out now due to Muse going down? Can I still register anywhere to get this software or had I might as well just delete those VSTs? Also for stuff like Kontact ect how do I know what the licence is so I can take the updates as far as I can? Sorry for the dumb questions. Ian

Not dumb questions. Actually, slightly challenging questions.
I’m going to reiterate what almost all posts going back a couple years include, which is BACK UP YOUR HARD DRIVE!!!

You’re now in that realm where you’re going to want to experiment with things that “might” work. It’s going to take a while but go though old posts that catch your eye. It will feel like a rabbit hole for a bit and it will be.

The answer to your question and most other following questions won’t be simple yes/no.
There are a few people in this form that may still be paying attention and I may call them out for more definitive answers.

I recently cloned my drive (finally) so I am ready to start going through and erasing VST’s that are just in the way as I scroll through the Rack view of instruments. Others have tried this and ended up triggering some other issues. If this happens and you have no clone (not just backup but full clone which carries the licenses etc.) you’ll be stuck with the results unless you have excellent scripting skills in Linux- which I do not, and therefore can’t even confirm what I just said.

Play with your R2 and see what you can do with it but don’t attempt to make any kind of permanent changes, including buying licenses from even more obscure forgotten companies like WaveArts until you have cloned your drive and stashed your original in climate controlled bubble wrap.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

What fishoow said ^^^. CLONE NOW, DO NOT HESITATE!

Thanks Fishoow, I had though about this already but thanks for the suggestion. As its a used item I didn't actually get any info with it...no manual no discs no box! just the unit and a power cord (so I was a little surprised to see the plugings having trial status still (I've assumed the previouse owner must have reset the unit in some way). Its a good job TB drives are a lot cheaper than they used to be! Looks like you're becoming a one person support line (keep up the good work its very much apreciated to be able to go somewhere for help in these early stages). I've found a manual on the old Muse web page but until I get a crossover cable to hook up to my mac I can't get at the manual on the R2s drive (ooh just thought I must have an old wifi router kicking about surely I can use that) I've also managed to find a download of the remote control and have that on my mac ready to go. Any pointers of where I might get a copy of the original disc would be cool. Thanks for the responce.
Ian

by the way it seems to say everywhere I look to go to plugorama.com but the site seems more kareoke focused but its difficult to tell as none of it is in English. I'm assuming the only current site for the R2 is this one.

IanS2 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:49 pm Any pointers of where I might get a copy of the original disc would be cool.
Which original disk? The one in your Receptor?
That’s all you need. There are a few ways to clone.
1. Startech (or other brand) standalone cloner
2. Linux based, thumbdrive loading, software through your machine.
3. Software through a PC.

I’m a computer dope and was gonna opt for the outboard cloner til I realized that there’s free software. I ultimately went with option 2.

Plethoraguy, above, started a great thread a year ago or so. He’s got the process down. There are others here who know.
Again, if you’ve got some more concerted Linux experience you won’t have to buy a TB as you’ll be able to resize. That’s if you are very sure what you’re doing. Otherwise, you are correct to get a similar size.
BTW, don’t make my mistake and get a Samsung Evo thinking that ”250 really means 256 because who makes 250’s?! That’s stupid”
It actually means 250 (or 500 or 1000) and won’t clone.

The stalwart Receptor folks are awesome. Type “clone” in the search and look for plethoraguy’s name. Spend time reading up and you’ll save time in the end. I’ll be in and out and happy to help but I’m really just a bumbling numbnut and it’s the good graces of the other guys here that I’m still running.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

IanS2 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:56 pm by the way it seems to say everywhere I look to go to plugorama.com but the site seems more kareoke focused but its difficult to tell as none of it is in English. I'm assuming the only current site for the R2 is this one.
Heh. Definitely not the right site.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I'm following the link from the muse website so think its the right website for plugorama (if your using one do you have a link?). The disc I talked about was the original Muse disc, I've been back on to the seller and they have found the disc and are popping it in the post to me as I type :-)

Return to “Muse Research and Development”