Using TV as monitor for Receptor

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In advance of the release of Mac OS Catalina this month, I recently raised a query as to how I can view the Receptor GUI on my Mac, as Mac OS Catalina does not support Receptor Remote Control.

It was suggested I use RealVNC to view the GUI – I actually installed iTeleport ahead of upgrading to OS Catalina, which worked fine using my iPad. However, after upgrading on Monday, iTeleport no longer works ! So, back to the drawing board …..

Whilst I understand there are other solutions using a VNC client, I don’t want to pay to use them. I have therefore decided to go back and use a monitor attached to the Receptor.

However, I have not attached a PC monitor, which is what I have used in the past; I have attached a Panasonic TV, which I use in my spare room as a separate TV. On connecting the Receptor to the TV, I can see the GUI but the text is tiny and virtually unreadable.

It does not seem to be possible to adjust the resolution of the picture from the TV so I am assuming I will need to do this from the Receptor itself.

My Receptor was upgraded from a version 1 Rev C to version 2 and the notes that were released by Muse when this was done indicate that the output resolution of the Receptor can be adjusted. However, I cannot see how to do this from the front panel – could someone kindly explain how I can do this ?

Many thanks

Peter

Shoot! Is RealVNC a paid thing now? Sorry. Might wanna check for a free version. I know there’s different versions. You only need the viewer. You can still control the screen via your device or laptop you just don’t get the other developing options that come with the paid versions.

I just recently used an HDMI cable to my TV while doing a cloning of my hard drive so I could lazily sit on my couch, eat a sandwich, and muck with my files.
You might have to go into settings (accessible from front screen) and adjust the resolution settings. Try them all til you find one that works. Each screen is different
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Sorry. I should read to the end of the post I’m responding to. Your Rev C looks a little different than my Tr3o but I see it does have a Setup button. I’ll guess that the menu is close to the same.
Press the Setup button
Use Top dial to scroll to “resolution”
Use bottom dial to dial the one you want
Push the bottom dial to engage or “instantiate”

If the screen goes blank for a while then that’s not the right one. Chose a different (smaller) resolution.

Good luck.

Check on the RealVNC thing again. I’ve loaded that baby into my laptop, desktop, iPad, and iPhone. It’s nice to be backstage before a show and check inside your Receptor to see that it’s queued and ready for when you walk out.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”