Receptor Remote Control and MacOS Catalina

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In advance of the release of MacOS Catalina this month, I have checked which of my current applications will work if I install it - MacOS Catalina will only support 64 bit apps. Unfortunately, my Receptor Remote Control app appears to be 32 bit and will therefore no longer work.

I use this app a lot - I never use the screen on my Receptor to view patches etc as it is too small, so I have always launched Receptor Remote Control and viewed the GUI on my Mac's screen. However, it appears I will no longer be able to do this if I install MacOS Catalina.

Obviously Muse Research are not around to upgrade the app to a 64 bit version, so does anyone know how I might be able to overcome this issue ? Is it feasible to install OS Mojave on a partition drive ? Or is there some other way that I can view the Receptor GUI on my Mac if I do not actually use the Remote Control app ?

Thank for your help

Peter

RealVNC. I’ve used this over the remote control app from the beginning for viewing the Rack/Mixer modes.
https://www.realvnc.com/en/
I’ve even placed my iPad on a stand as a monitor and have been able to change things during rehearsals.

As for accessing the disk file system, I’m not sure of the workaround. I recently cloned my disk through my Receptor and an updated, free facsimile of Ghost. Now that I have a clone I will be playing with digging into the Linux system directly (I have a friend who is top notch at Linux). The disk access through the remote control app never gave you full access.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Thanks foow.

I have installed iTeleport which works OK on my iPad, although I am not sure if this will work with MacOS Catalina; if not I will have to look for another solution !

Thanks for your help anyway

Peter

Return to “Muse Research and Development”