Crashed Rev C, possibly upgrading

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted a few months ago about being interested in a Rev C, and I ended up buying one for extremely cheap and I really liked it. Covered all the synths I was looking to have access too just fine, minus Omnisphere. I have recently discovered why it was so cheap, though, as of yesterday it gets stuck on the initializing screen. When I plug in a monitor, I don't get video. I fixed computers for a living for a while, so I'm going to start on the motherboard and go from there. But, before I buy, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to shoot me a disk image from a Receptor 2.

I'm going to take a different approach though and tell you why you shouldnt. I bought this cheap enough to figure it was going to die and then I was going to just upgrade it. I didn't do my research and I didn't realize I was going to have a hard time finding updates. It was a bit of an impulse buy, and these are the consequences of that. It seems not right for me to end up with what would basically be a 2+ Classic for this cheap, even with replacing all the off the shelf parts. Replacing the motherboard for Rev C is actually more expensive than the mobo for a 2+, which is a funny kick in the guts.

The reason you should, though, is that you'd really be helping me out. What I'd like the higher OS for is 64 bit, so I can add Kontakt 5.5+ and Omnisphere. These are kind of just expensive sprinkles, though, and I'm not going to die without them. I've been wanting to get into more instrument libraries, and my Kronos and Integra are great, but they are really lacking in a few areas, and Kontakt would really fill that void.

Thanks for listening either way

Regarding Kontakt 5.5:
andym63 wrote:Hi

The problem is that Some of the run time librarys (dll.s)in the latest version ofkomplete 10 including kontakt 5.5 are not compatible with Wine.(the shell that linux uses to run VSt,s in)Either NI has to program around the problem.Or the Wine developers have to modify wine to make it work.
I suppose muse could hire i wine expert(excuse the pun) and pay them to modify the current version as it is open source.
Or the NI folks could write a patch justf orus receptor users
or they could even work together.Ime shure there will be a sollution.
but i wouldnt hold my breath.!!

/Andy
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Regarding mods and rebuilding:

Excellent!!! There are many here that are waiting for Receptor to pop up somewhere else in a new form.
There were many strings posted c. 2016 about how to replace the Receptor. Muse has not open sourced their images which means they have not given up.
Search Johnrule and Andym63 posts as they give much info.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I've seen that, I've also been reading about a way to inject 5.5 into the 5.3 installer and get around it. Either way, my Rev C can do Kontakt 4 fine, and I've got a few libraries. Even if it's just 5.3, which is still up for dl on the NI site, it still opens up more possibilities. I'm not dead set on anything too specific, just trying to build my ultimate synth. Having access to the 64bit os, so I can access more than 2gb of ram is the key here.

Thanks for the heads up on the posts, Im going to look them up right now.

Hello
Even if someone gave you a receptor 2+ image you would not be able to run it in 64 bit mode because you would not be able to outharise the Rack mode addon that you need to do this.
The normal receptor will only run in 32 bits.
You could clone a quat4ro drive and then run that on a 2 or 2 plus you would get the rack mode required for 64 bit operation but it would not run because you would not be able to get the correct ortharisation code for the new hardware.
you would have to clone the mac adress of the unit that the clone originaly came from and then genarate an autharisation code for your machine.
and as you knowe Muse are out of the business now so the autharisation server is down and you canot buy the code.You cannot run omnisphere 2 on any receptor.
Regards Andy

Well that is terrible news!

But not unexpected. Ok, thank you for the info.

Did you figure out your boot problem ? - does it beep on startup - any display plugging in a VGA Monitor ?

Return to “Muse Research and Development”