Rev 1.0 C Compatibility

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't have a computer in my studio, nor do I want one. I have some inputs left on my mixer, and I was considering a digital synth like a Virus or Nord. I have always wanted a few of the vst synths I've seen floating around, and I think I may bite the bullet, get a receptor, and finally have the digital synth I really want.

I see Rev 1.0 Cs all over the place for very cheap. My entire wishlist is -

Use the ADAT to get multi track out
Load up a few FX to throw on stuff from my mixer from time to time
A decent guitar/bass amp sim, I was thinking Amplitude 4
be able to stick it in the rack and operate all of it from a controller

The list of synths I'd like to add are, they are all available in 32 bit

Omnisphere (2 would be awesome, 1.5 if thats all it can do)
Trillian if possible, Trilogy if necessary
Arturia V collection. 6 would be cool, but I don't see 32 bit installers
Geforce Oddity (2 if possible), minimonsta and impOSCar
Sylenth 1
Linplug Spectral, Morpho and CRX4

I have a few of the Sonic Reality Epik Drums kits from way back. They also made Ocean Way Drums and Drum Masters 2. I know this is a huge stretch, but I was wondering if I could basically just use this as a vkit brain as well. What I'm thinking is being able to load up kontakt on each channel and set up each kit piece on 1 channel, set them all to either omni or the same midi channel and go from there. That is a pretty minor point though. If it can, awesome, if not, no worries.

As far as I can tell from my own research, each of these seem within the specs of the machine. I wanted to check first before I dropped some money on one, but if it does everything I think it can, I'll be getting one asap.

manji24 wrote: I see Rev 1.0 Cs all over the place for very cheap. My entire wishlist is -

Use the ADAT to get multi track out
Load up a few FX to throw on stuff from my mixer from time to time
A decent guitar/bass amp sim, I was thinking Amplitude 4
be able to stick it in the rack and operate all of it from a controller

The list of synths I'd like to add are, they are all available in 32 bit

Omnisphere (2 would be awesome, 1.5 if thats all it can do)
Trillian if possible, Trilogy if necessary
Arturia V collection. 6 would be cool, but I don't see 32 bit installers
Geforce Oddity (2 if possible), minimonsta and impOSCar
Sylenth 1
Linplug Spectral, Morpho and CRX4

I have a few of the Sonic Reality Epik Drums kits from way back. They also made Ocean Way Drums and Drum Masters 2. I know this is a huge stretch, but I was wondering if I could basically just use this as a vkit brain as well. What I'm thinking is being able to load up kontakt on each channel and set up each kit piece on 1 channel, set them all to either omni or the same midi channel and go from there. That is a pretty minor point though. If it can, awesome, if not, no worries.
You have a balanced attitude toward this purchase. Receptor can give you lots of options and a Rev C price point can certainly make it worth it.
I can speak for about half of your list.

It is true that everything will have to be 32 bit unless you find a Tr3o, Qu4ttro or, VIP. The ADAT on the back looks brilliant. I have a Tr3o so I have that option through a bundled Presonus interface. This should work for channel separation in lieu of Uniwire which is scarcely compatible with present DAWs.

There are two software companies in particular that were flagships for Receptor but fell from usability due to their own updates which Muse was not able to keep up with for one reason or another. Both Omnisphere and Kontakt WILL be usable IF you purchase the Rev C with the software and license in place. Never connect the thing to the Internet, never request any updates, and you should be fine. I cannot speak to Omnisphere but I have recent experience in trying to get my pre-loaded Komplete 9 activated. NI no longer uses the service center and off-line registration. What you get is all you’ll get.
There are tons of VSTi’s that are still loadable. The main deciding factor is if the software simply let you download the DLL file. These get loaded through an “Unsupported” folder. Beyond whatever the Rev came with, there are many instruments and FX to load in. The KVR plugin challenge gives you some fresh options when that comes around. There are some more established, paid choices that are useable as well.
I don’t know what the Rev came with but I’m quite happy with the Peavey ReValver my Tr3o came with for guitar. I’m sure Toontacks 2 still works and you could likely get a license still. All GeForce works beautifully. Minimonsta, yes. ImpOScar, yes. Not sure about the others. I was unsuccessful in loading my Arturia suite. This bums me out. There might be a workaround for someone with more Linux training. I came into this whole thing more blind than I thought and it’s been years of learning, often more than making music. It’s possible you should be able to get the thing working for you quickly on a small level and then discover more along the way.

DEFINITELY wait for a response from a Rev C owner! They will have more specifics. I use my Tr3o in live situations and have issues now and then. It’s a risky device. In studio, however, can make your workflow tighter and smoother.

G’luck
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Thanks.

Yeah, I think the idea of a basic digital synth is going to be fairly cheap and easy to get going and if I like it, there's a few big synths to throw in there and finish the deal. I'm also bummed about Arturia, though. I was considering buying them first which would be all I could get for a while, but they seem amazing.

Thanks for the reply. I've done some more digging, and as long as it has Kontakt 4 on it, I'm really happy for the drums. The important synths I want, except Pro-53, are pretty easy to find licenses for. The other thing I was wondering is if anybody had a few effects to throw on there, mostly stuff to run other digital synths through the inputs through. Filters, mangling effects, etc etc. Thanks.

As a longtime Rev. C owner, I can say that a *lot* of interesting plugins work surprisingly well on the machine. It helps to know what you're doing under the hood when it comes to installing and troubleshooting plugins. I've gotten a number of newer plugins installed that I assumed would just make the Receptor choke.

Can I ask if you have gotten Kontakt 5.3+ and Omnisphere 2?

Omnisphere 2 will not work
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

manji24 wrote:Can I ask if you have gotten Kontakt 5.3+ and Omnisphere 2?
It's not possible to get Kontakt 5 running on a Rev. C.

Hi all,
I'm new to the whole virtual player setup but think the Receptor would make a fine backup/redundancy system for my live rig, so I bought a Rev 1.0 Receptor. It works fine but I need to install more plugins or virtual instrument exes or indeed receptor-specific (fxp) files but nothing I do seems to work.
I have the unit connected to a PC via ether-net and I can control the unit remotely from the MUSE GUI. I can upload exes or FXP-format files to the 'Drop Installers Here' folder but everything fails when I try to install..... either from the GUI or from the front panel.
Does anyone have or know where to get a 'Installer for idiots' document or thread that might help me.
Also, I am not sure off hand what revision of software my receptor has....probably rec C (I'm not at the unit at the moment but that rings a bell) but where would I get access to software/firmware upgrades? I know Muse had different versions available up to rev 1.7 but none of the links work anymore. Did they store them somewhere else?

Regards
and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

F.E.M.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”