VIP2 nightmare!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's not your VIP. Throw the Behringer in the trash. You don't need it

Kurz to 1818 via S/Pdif RCA
VIP to 1818 via USB
1818 "MainOut LR" to mains via 1/4" (or XLR via TRS to XLR adapter)
1818 "Out 1,2" to ...whatever personal monitor setup you want via 1/4" cables.

Your power strip looks like just that and not a power conditioner. That's good. Factory does recommend an UPS. I don't have one but probably should as, if there's an outage it'll send your Receptor into conniptions that you'll need a VGA screen, keyboard an mouse for.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Forgot about this thread til today. I haven't really messed with the Receptor since January. It's been a $1200 paperweight. But I am willing to try this set up. I'll get it together this week and report back.

In your first vid of "ground loop sound" when you say "normal sound" and then turn on your receptor, that's not a normal sound. Or, it shouldn't be. You said you tried plugging TRS cables directly from Receptor to powered speakers. STOP!! This is the most basic way to track down the problem. NEXT is to plug in headphones.
-- having said this, you have now introduced the Presous 1818 since that post.
SO, as plethora guy said (edited) don't do ANYTHING ELSE until you have tried headphones to see if the sound is there. Please report back that you have tried this without and with the Presonus plugged in via USB.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Update. I get zero audio out of the headphone port. Tried the above set up.. Still crappy audio.. Now I'm stumped.

In Rack Mode, in the main "Mix" box down in the bottom right corner, click on the "output", and click on "Line Out 7+8" then try headphones again.

As for still crappy audio, if you are getting the digital alien sounds with TRS cables going directly from the Receptor "Line Outs" to your powered speakers OR from your "Main Outs" to your powered speakers then I would --just for fun-- try plugging something like your phone, Sony Walkman, or ANYTHING into your powered speakers just to see if there isn't some issue there.

Don't forget, everything must be plugged into the same wall outlet.

I could be wrong, but I believe there is something with your speakers and some cable going to them.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I get fairly normal sound when using my Kurzweil PC2R or the Korg Triton Rack. Even when I use my Macbook Pro to use Ivory I get nice clean sound. Plug in the Receptor and all the crappy noise. I'm probably going to end up scrapping the Receptor project. So if anyone ones to make a reasonable offer for it let me know. :)

Another update. No matter what configuration of output combinations I still get no audio from the headphones.

OK so another update... I updated the hard drive to a SSD thinking maybe the crappy seagate was the cause of it.. and it's definitely quieter but still noisy. I have moved the rack around and tried several different outlets around the house and still crappy audio....

I have had issues with my Quattro with what seemed like rf noise. It turned out that the output jack was cracked. I replaced them and all is good again!

Yes. That sound right. Something along those measures.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

billunatic wrote:I have had issues with my Quattro with what seemed like rf noise. It turned out that the output jack was cracked. I replaced them and all is good again!
Unfortunately mine makes the sound regardless of what output jack I use... I'm starting to think its a bad audio card.. which is above my knowledge. So definitely time to move on from Receptor :(

Return to “Muse Research and Development”