Chris Hein Harmonica

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got a hold of this terrific plug in but found that it was not very "receptor friendly" - I had to go to the files section of Kontakt and load it manually which was a drag. It also takes an inordinate amount of time to load. Just wondering whether the receptor guys are going to do a receptorised version of this plug in ? Any ideas of how to speed up the loading time guys?

Sorry....not a reply, but Im v interested in CHs harmonica....any chance you can descibe how you got it into your receptor, where you put it,and exactly what the problems are...ie do patches load, what control do you have over it...etc, A bit more detail might help others to help you...and me!
regards
Niven8

Yep - the sound of this is terrific. Very realistic - the mod wheel is automatically set for that classic vibrato.
Once you've bought the vst You just transfer the files into the samples section of the hard drive on the receptor. To get it to open on the receptor you need to cop to the files section of the hard drive - navigate to the c drive snd load it from there. It takes a long time to load - therein lies my problem.

Generally with this type of sound library I copy all of the files (samples, nict, nki, etc) to the samples folder, open Kontakt, either add the library (not all sound libraries are set up for this), or go to the browser to find the folder that has all the files, open the nki file and play. Is it possible you are adding an un-necessary step by using the files section of the drive? The Chris Hein site says that you need Kontatk 5.2 or higher to run this, which should be fine if you have your kontakt up to 5.3 (the highest update that will work on receptor).

Hi MickBell,

Just save the instrument once after loading.
Next time you open the Harmonica, it should load dramatically faster.

The Harmonica is not a Kontakt Player instrument, thats why it doesn't appear in the browser.
Use the Kontakt Quick Load feature to find the Harmonica faster.

Fast find and load times make me use any instrument more often. :-)

Have fun,

Chris Hein
Chris Hein - Horns:
http://www.chrishein.net

Return to “Muse Research and Development”