Receptor Trio Startup Problem

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I do have a problem at startup. I was trying some plugins on a new Receptor Trio and it crashed when I loaded LL EP in Mixer Mode. After a while I forced the Receptor to stop by holding the Power Button (couldn't either refresh by hitting 3x button nor powering it down by hitting 2x).
Now the Receptor starts normally , then it makes a loop between "Starting Mixer.." and "Starting Up...".
I tried to unplug everything, wait 15 minutes, restart but it didn't help.I pressed "Alt Shift F2" to see if there's an error but the System starts normally until it hangs, trying to load the Mixer. Is there a way to force the Receptor Trio to load a Blank patch in Mixer Mode ( like in my Receptor 2) or to force it to start in Rack Mode?

Thanks for your help

M

Try this...

1. Turn the Receptor completely off. Hold the SETUP button on the front panel and continue holding it as you turn on the Receptor.

2. Don't let go of the SETUP button until it enters into support tools. You'll know you are there when it asks if you'd like to do a self check.

3. Use the top encoder knob to scroll through the selections until you are at the EXPERT menu. The first option should ask if you want to do a cache reset. Say yes by pushing in on one of the knobs. The Receptor should restart to a default patch.

Best,
Nick

Thanks for your help.
I was away, so I couldn't explore this problem further.
The Button combination to access the Expert Menu is different on my Unit, but I managed to find it. Unfortunately the Clean Cache didn't solve my problem.
I'll post a support Ticket on the Plugorama Help Desk.
Thanks again

Morphbay

The KVR forum is now the best place to ask your help desk questions. You'll find the help desk is no longer accessible on plugorama. This way people who run into similar issues can see the solution we may find. Worst comes to worst you can send in the Receptor or HD for repair.

To recap and confirm, your Receptor is stuck cycling on/off from starting up to starting mixer? I did recently have a hard drive come in with the same problem which was unfortunately resolved by reformatting the drive. If you have a backup drive you should try and switch to that now.

I don't have a backup, because i just unpacked the Receptor,
So here is a more detailed explanation of the problem
I started the Receptor Trio while pressing the CHAN + and - buttons
and accessed the Expert Mode to reset the Cache but it didn't help.
I ran all Tests and found those errors:
Problem Found (22) at Start UP
After Self-Test ERROR:15

Thanks for your help

This link may be of help:
https://www.plugorama.com/kb.php?id=499

According to this information the error (22) could be related to the midi device.

"Front panel MIDI port not detected, bad cable, board or firmware"

It could be that an internal connector is loose!?

It's Definitively not a hardware problem.
I opened the Receptor and there a no unplugged cables but...there is a second HD.
The plugged HD is a 512gb SSD and the other one a 1Tb *normal" HD.
So I plugged the 1Tb Hd and the Receptor started normally.
The problem is that Rack mode is mot authorized on this HD, Komplete 9 isn't installed and
it's performance is far away from the SSD...
Back to the SSD Hd :
Expert Test mode always shows Error 15 and plugin test doesn't end (I let it ran one night without success)
I always managed to restart my older Receptor 2 in any circumstances but this time I can't figure it out.

Hello
It sounds like ther Ssd is the problem.
Do you have the install dvds for Komplete 9.And/or the registration code.
You can use Unetbootin with ghost for linux on a usb stick to clone the old hdd onto the Ssd.
I have done this myself after i dropped one of my receptors of a van and damaged the mainboaed and drive
The guys at Muse just gave me a new code to reactivate the rack mode it was no big deal for them and they didnt charge me either.

its proberbly cheapear than shiping the drive for repair.

Regards. Andy

Yes, I already have some experience backing up Receptor with Linux, I've done this with an old Receptor 1.
I still have my Komplete Ultimate 9 HD so I could reinstall everything, but it takes much time...
The problem seems to be caused by a faulty Plugin, so maybe I should try to run the HD outside of the Receptor and deactivate this plugin,
Thanks for your advice

Morphbay

I finally managed to restart the Receptor :) .
The problem has been solved by copying some System Files from the 1Tb HD to the SSD .
Thanks for the help and support
Have a nice weekend

Morphbay

How did you determine which system files to copy?

Return to “Muse Research and Development”