New Platform for Omnisphere 2

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bryan

Further to my previous post, I emailed Spectrasonics to ask them to contact you and offer their help in resolving the installation issues that some users have encountered. I will post their reply below :
We had already been in direct contact with Bryan at Muse and other Receptor users about the issues with authorizing Omnisphere 2.

Simply put, it’s Muse’s issue to resolve. Why? Because Omnisphere 2 authorizes and functions without issues in Windows (Vista to Win10). So it’s Muse’s responsibility to make sure the DLLs which works properly in Windows will work in the Receptor’s Wine environment (we’ve already provided an Omnisphere 2 to Muse to assist in their testing.) So we’ve done what we can in this case to help, but Muse will need to fix those issues.
This email came from Michael Flint in Technical Support and suggests that Spectrasonics cannot (as opposed to "will not") offer you any assistance - this is an issue that only Muse can resolve.

If this is correct, could you and your team find a way to solve the installation problem so that all us potential Omni 2 users can install it ? It doesn't appear as if Spectrasonics can do any more than they already have - however, I will leave you to take this up with Michael Flint if necessary.

Thanks for your help

Peter

FWIW ~ I too would like to see, at least a little, more action on this.
JV

Translation of dll by WINE is blamed for the inability of NI Komplete 10 to load in as well. I'm new to the WINE translator (not emulator) so I don't know too much but I did enter a support request in the WINE website for insight on Receptor user issues. Hope this isn't too off the mark.

Stuart
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Last week I sent an email to Spectrasonics and this is their reply:

Hello Omar,

Thank you for contacting us about this – have you contacted Muse about these issues? These matters are typically related more to Muse’s way of handling our instruments than it is related to the instruments themselves.

Best Regards,

Chris
Technical Support
info@spectrasonics.net (mailto:info@spectrasonics.net)
http://www.spectrasonics.net (http://www.spectrasonics.net)

Bryan

There has been no update from Muse following my post on 25th February and the other subsequent posts.

Please could you let us know if you are looking into this - we do want to be able to use Omni 2 on our Receptors but it seems as if only Muse can resolve the installation issue.

Thanks

Peter

I've (also) been waiting many months for this... :(
JV

Further to the previous posts about this matter, I sent an email to Muse Research, and received the response below from Matt Christiano :
Unfortunately, it's their code. We can't change it; they can. They are taking the position that, since we are not 100.000% compatible with windows (some version,not sure which), it's our fault.

Apparently, we are at an impasse. You should assume that Omnisphere
2 will never work
on Receptor 2.
This is very disappointing - each party (Spectrasonics and Muse) are blaming each either and say that it is up to the other party to resolve the issue.

Does anyone have any contacts at Spectrasonics that could look at this problem from their end, even though Spectrasonics have said that the ball is in Muse's court ? Otherwise, myself and a number of other users will have to forget about ever being able to use Omnisphere 2 on the Receptor.

Peter

:(
JV

Yeah I gave up any hope a while ago, for Omni 2, Komplete 10 and Addictive Drums 2.
3 strikes and you're out Muse.
Just plan on another solution, it seems like support is no longer any option.
Finger pointing never solves anything, life is too short.
Good luck!
Dirk

I/we finally got Omni II installed and IMHO the GUI on my Receptor it is terribly slow and probably not worth the pain of installing it.

That is disappointing. Just out of curiosity, what model Receptor are you running it on? Also, again just curious, is the install something that could be accomplished by a user or does it absolutely need pro tech support?

plethoraguy wrote:That is disappointing. Just out of curiosity, what model Receptor are you running it on? Also, again just curious, is the install something that could be accomplished by a user or does it absolutely need pro tech support?
Kevin Bryson installed it for me on my Receptor 2 Pro Max. You need Kevin to do this for you using TeamViewer. The biggest problem is entering the Challenge and Authorization Keys! With Omni I you can painfully type them in yourself, but with Omni II you cannot, strange! Kevin had to fake out Notepad and Omni II (copy/paste) at the same time. It's a very tricky procedure to say the least.

Hi,Since muse is dead,
Does anyone have the omnisphere-2.0d-1.mrpk installer since the link is dead from the forum?
Sincerely,
doc holywood

I just downloaded that latest link from plugorama.com, but it is omnisphere-1_5_5_1.mrpk.

Hi,

could Muse please provide the Omnisphere 2 installer again? I don't care about bugs or other things but would be the happiest person on this planet if Omnisphere 2 would at least run somehow on my receptor.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”