Footswitch options for Receptor 2 v2.0.1

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I'm learning the 2.0.1 OS for my Receptor 2 PRO, I see the manual makes mention of a footswitch port for program changes.

After confirming that of course they mean the VIP (great idea, BTW!), I was wondering if there are any options for those of us with Receptor 2 hardware. My MIDI controller of choice is a Novation Impulse 61, which let's you change programs with an encoder knob only.

Would something like Logidy UMI3 work, and if so, how could I program it to communicate with 2.0.1?

http://www.amazon.com/Logidy-UMI3-MIDI- ... B002YL81RW

I also tried using 2.0.1's MIDI Mixer Control to MIDI learn buttons on my controller for "Load Next Preset" and "Load Previous Preset", the idea being the << and >> buttons from my controller's transport are easier to slap live than turning the program change encoder (which requires a shift command to activate).

When I hit each button, it goes forward or backward TWO presets, I'm assuming once for depressing the button and once for releasing.

I'd love some advice to get around this. What should I do about a footswitch?

I too would love to know how to use the Logidy UMI3 with Receptor 2 as I own both. For me it's running Guitar Rig 5 with Loop Machine plugin installed. Just wanna record, playback, overdub,...
Paul

Tonewheeltom, there are midi monitors built into the Receptor software. Try watching what happens when you press the buttons. It looks as though the pedal you're talking about has programming control software. Though you won't be able to load the software into the Receptor, it may be possible for you to program in another computer before moving it to your receptor. Theses that way many controllers such as Arturia, KMI, Akai work. If the pedal is not programable then there are other ways to manipulate with the Receptor.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”