Control Receptor Directly from Iphone or Ipad

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wunderpit wrote:I just purchased a ZyXEL MWR102. Once I receive it and test I will report back here!
Hi Wunderpit

By all means please do report back on the ZyXEL and how it works, especially it if it is easier to set up than the TP LINK.

Speaking of the TP LINK, it is a VERY cool little device, but its a DRAG to set up because it is not shipped in a mode that works with Receptor (or anything else as far as we can tell!!!!) and you need to connect it to a computer and change modes and enter a default address like others have explained in this thread.

We'll try to do a little quick video on how to do this if people would like, but we're also wondering whether or not you guys would like us to offer these pre-setup so that they would be plug and play with a RECEPTOR??? This would mean we'd have to get them out of the boxes and set them up, repack them and of course offer you support if you bought one from us... that would also mean we'd have to double the price of the unit. Would anyone buy one if we offered that service?

I guess the first thing to do is shoot a little video and see if people can configure them without any help from us, but they are quite tricky to set up if you aren't familiar with networking stuff, and our guess is that people might be willing to pay a little extra for something that would work right out of the box...

Any opinions?

Cheers

Bryan from Muse

Hey Bryan,

This is Jim from the Blue Devils :)

I am trying the different unit due to the fact that the universal reviews for the TP Link were terrible. And sounded like a lot of failures on units! (amazon, newegg).

I am going to try and squeeze some time out to work with the unit once I receive it, but I have about 2 days to do so & program more patches before sending the Receptor up north for rehearsals & tour. It's gonna be tight!

Jim

I am wondering if this concept has been revisited since 2013. The TP Link device is a cool solution but it is still a WIRELESS solution. Am I the only one who has ever had RF / audio interference issues in live performance settings? I don't need my ipad up with my keys anyway, I keep it in a drawer on the rack. It sure would be nifty to just plug my ipad into the receptor usb port. It would even stay charged as well!

Does iOS/Linux/Wine/Windows have a network over usb protocol that could be utilized?

Any Thoughts?

Has anybody tried one of the iconnect products? The MIDI4 seems like it could work. http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI4plus

I have also thought about trying iConnect. I was looking for other applications for it in case it didn't work. My suspicion is that it won't since it seems Apple specific. Another app that is yet Apple specific is Music I/O which carries MIDI and audio over the lightning/USB standard cable to/from my Mac. I use my Quneo to control Alchemy on my iPhone which also sends audio out. With this app I also can load in multiple MIDI controllable music apps into 4 separate channels. So far the only way to connect this rig and the Receptor is to connect phones out to 1/4" l/r wye splitter. The 1/8" phones connection can come from my computer or my phone. Sometimes there is a ground loop development which is where an iConnect might come in, though this seems a bit like going from Baltimore to DC via Boston.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Did anyone ever come up with a concise procedure to configure the TL-WR802N for the receptor in DHCP mode? I can get it to work pretty readily with a standard router with LAN ports but configuring the Nano (and most of the time even logging into to stupid thing to access the configuration) is really a PITA.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”