If an "Unsupported" install Fails - READ THIS

RELATED
PRODUCTS

NOTE: Receptor does not currently support MONO plug-ins or MIDI plug-ins (VST plug-ins that send MIDI to other plug-ins rather than process audio).

When a plug-in installation fails you can check the system log (found at <Receptor Hard Drive>\Reports\System Log.txt) to see why it failed (hopefully, sometimes it just gives you an unhelpful "exception occurred" type of message).

Scroll to the end of the System Log.txt and look for error messsages related to the plug-in DLL you have just tried to install. If you seen any entry similar to "err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR71.dll" (where MSVCR71.dll could be any DLL file begining with MS - MSVCR71.dll is just a recent example) it will be because the plug-in you attempted to install requires an MS Runtime Library DLL that is not shipped on Receptor - i.e. MSVCR71.dll in this example. This occurs because the plug-in was compiled to link to an external DLL library (which would normally be present on a current Windows system) rather than building the library into the DLL. This is of course common practice.

We can resolve this by copying the relevant library DLL to Receptor's <Receptor Hard Drive>\Windows\System\ folder.

Windows users can generally find the required files on their computer (usually in C:\Windows\System\ or C:\Windows\System32\), Mac users can download DLLs for free from www.dll-files.com

Once the runtime library has been copied to <Receptor Hard Drive>\Windows\System\ you should delete the <PluginName>.dll-FAILED file and attempt to install it again. Bear in mind if it fails again it may be because it requires further MS library DLLs - keep checking the system log.

I tried installing Wayoutware Timewarp 2600 and of course it failed (that's why I am reporting this bug). I check the System Log and found, "Feb 18 21:57:43 Receptor-191959 rm-host: err:module:import_dll Library GDIPLUS.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\VST Plugins\\Unsupported Plugins\\WayOutWare\\TimewARP2600.dll") not found." Based on your instructions, I tried to locate GDIPLUS.dll. I found this .dll in several directories, but not in the windows/System or System32 directory. I tried compying them to the Receptor's/Windows/System directory and reinstalling, but it still failed. Any ideas?

Copy GDIPLUS.DLL in the same directory where TimewARP2600.dll is.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Wow, great tip - thanks boys!

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

DanTimis wrote:Copy GDIPLUS.DLL in the same directory where TimewARP2600.dll is.
I have 8 versions of GDIPLUS.dll on my PC, but none of them relate to TimeWarp. I tried copying each one (individually) to the TimeWarp Directory and reinstalling, but they all failed.... with the messagebox, "The selected file does not appear to be a valid patch archive."

Ok, i've attempted installined Spectrasonics Atmosphere about 6 times now, and always it fails.

I've followed the pdf installer instructions explicitly reading them over and over about 50 times. I am most definitely putting the .dll and .dat files in the correct folders.

I attempted this the first time and was able to get all the way up to the authorization with spectrasonics (i even have a thank you for authorizing email from spectrasonics) but when I looked back at the receptor remote control, it said installation failed, and sure enough, no atmosphere.

Since then, i've tried installing it 5 more times and always it fails. I've looked at the system log file and for some reason it looks like it's trying to find the trilogy and stylus .dat files but i don't even own those products let alone attempting to install them. I can copy the log here but it will be very long. If anyone has any idea what could be preventing the receptor from accepting the installation, PLEASE let me know, i'm going in the studio in a week!! :(
Life is what happens while you were making other plans - Lennon

CeasefireXXV wrote:Ok, i've attempted installined Spectrasonics Atmosphere about 6 times now, and always it fails.

I've followed the pdf installer instructions explicitly reading them over and over about 50 times. I am most definitely putting the .dll and .dat files in the correct folders.

I attempted this the first time and was able to get all the way up to the authorization with spectrasonics (i even have a thank you for authorizing email from spectrasonics) but when I looked back at the receptor remote control, it said installation failed, and sure enough, no atmosphere.

Since then, i've tried installing it 5 more times and always it fails. I've looked at the system log file and for some reason it looks like it's trying to find the trilogy and stylus .dat files but i don't even own those products let alone attempting to install them. I can copy the log here but it will be very long. If anyone has any idea what could be preventing the receptor from accepting the installation, PLEASE let me know, i'm going in the studio in a week!! :(
CeasefireXXV, you should open a support ticket at Plugorama, someone will be able to help you then (be sure to paste the contents of your System Log.txt in the System log filled when you create the ticket).

I tried to read the system log but it will not allow me to open it - "Access is denied" How do I unlock the file to read it?
Dasher
The Soundsmith
It's all about the music. I keep telling myself that...

I found part of the problem. The three .DLL files were installed elsewhere outside of the Phrazor folder in my pc hard drive. Dragged them into main folder, and installed, but has a black GUI. Not readable.

If you a problem reading the system log create a support ticket and we will send a fixer file, this is a known issue.
Rick
Muse Research

I was having problems with an unsupported (syncoder32) and discovered, thanks to Hypernation, that 1.4 had some issues in this area. When I upgraded to 1.5, everything installed as expected.

Wes Taggart
Analogics
http://www.analogics.org/

One of the dll's that is required is located in the windows32 directory on my PC. Should this be copied to the /windows/system32/ directory on the receptor?
when you rofl, the whole world rofl's with you...

Hello,

It's seems that you have to move the needed .dll files into:
<Receptor's Harddrive>/windows/system

Not into the System32 on the Receptor

Even if the .dll file was at a different location on your computer

Using this method, I was able to install an old plug-in bundle by a famous company that no one has mentioned yet.

I tried to install my brand new version of TimewARP2600, but the GDIPLUS.DLL file brings up a window that reads:

(Paraphrasing a little)
This file is not meant to be run on non-Windows systems
An OK button dismisses the window, but then an ERROR -17 window opens
OK dismisses this and then it does both windows one more time

Way Out Ware, if your listening, would you please let Muse know which DLL files the program uses, then at least we can get a little further... :)

I really like your plug-in but need it in my studio.

Thanks,
Brad

...{BUMP}....

I know this is an old thread but did anyone here succeed in getting Timewarp 2600 installed on Receptor? Do you need to have iLok authorization for it work?

I got the same "non-windows environment" error when I tried to install.

Please help :) thanks

Hi Ben.

I would really like to see the System log. But the access is denied. How can I read this file?

My purpose is to get my own plugins to work in Receptor. Is there a VST C++ template somewhere that works somewhere?

Marc.
before time there was no time

Return to “Muse Research and Development”