PRODUCTS

John Rule #Amusing Replacer
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I've done that a few times
Originally a 500gb sata.
Now a 1tb SSD
Backup is a 750gb sata
Sample libraries backed up somewhere else if need to pull back in.
But rarely use it for demanding cpu stuff.
Mostly 8-9 vst's I'd use on a regular basis.
Don't Tech No for an Answer

emcee, this is a fantastic idea, I've considered it myself, but like you, haven't had any time to experiment. IF you do make any strides on this, make sure to let us know. Yes, John Rule walked this path years ago, his threads are very interesting.

I wasn't going to worry to much about the front panel except the power button.
Audio and MIDI could be handled via USB.
Basically would just be the chassis with new components. I'm just not sure if any new motherboard/cpu combinations would fit.
And power supply would have to be up to it as well I guess.

Unfortunately my receptor developed a boot problem just before Muse finished up.
I'm in Australia and they wanted me to either buy a new drive or send mine back from memory.

ksiragusa wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:48 pm I wasn't going to worry to much about the front panel except the power button.
Audio and MIDI could be handled via USB.
Basically would just be the chassis with new components. I'm just not sure if any new motherboard/cpu combinations would fit.
And power supply would have to be up to it as well I guess.

Unfortunately my receptor developed a boot problem just before Muse finished up.
I'm in Australia and they wanted me to either buy a new drive or send mine back from memory.
Receptor 1 or 2?
I've helped out a few with my "cleaned" backup that I purged my licenced stuff off so had a working drive - yell out if can help.
I'm in Melbourne.
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Return to “Muse Research and Development”