Receptor alternatives

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.
emcee
KVRian
1381 posts since 17 Sep, 2005 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Yeah bit pricey for what it is - PC in a rack that isn't going to run vst's right out of the box. Good set of components though, but not a 1:1 replacement for a Receptor without adding other bits
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Fishoow
KVRist
207 posts since 6 May, 2014 from New Mexico

Re: Receptor alternatives

Post Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:52 pm

With the exception of UVI,Alchemy(now only run on Logic), and Peavy stuff. Everything else was free.
I think a lot of sentiment in previous posts was about front controls and some type of display. That's a little beyond me but I'm starting to think I could build my own computer. Apparently ASUS chip-sets area good way to go. Samsung EVO; the rest I have to research.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

SteveDL
KVRer
2 posts since 16 Aug, 2006 from Perth, Western Australia

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:12 am

This thread has been quiet for a while. A shame I found it so late. I've just installed Widows 10 on my Receptor VIP (I have a couple of copies of the original hard drive) and plugged my old M-Audio Fast Track 8R into it. I'm using Cantible lite for testing and a few free 64 bit VSTs. The latency is acceptible to me (10ms) and the processor load hasn't passed 60% running 4 VSTs all on the same midi channel.
Admittedly I haven't installed any of my NI instruments yet so a large sample based instrument may tax the resources a bit more.
I downloaded John Rule's RTE but it doesn't seem to let me use it in demo mode .. a shame becasue I would like to use the front panel buttons and LCD display. I'm also not sure how much difference there is between a Receptor and a VIP.
I am quite impressed how well Windows 10 works without me tweaking it yet.

Regards, Steve in Western Australia.

Fishoow
KVRist
207 posts since 6 May, 2014 from New Mexico

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:02 am

Awesome! Thanks for going for it and posting!
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”