M42 Programming

RELATED
PRODUCTS

it all happened in pures thread :(
some people just dont understand the difference between influence and copying i guess :wink:
so long as you know its not you i am refferring to 8)

vurt wrote:it all happened in pures thread :(
some people just dont understand the difference between influence and copying i guess :wink:

aaaaaaaah.. my brain just switched to drive 8)
I hate those automatic gear boxes
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:
vurt wrote:it all happened in pures thread :(

aaaaaaaah.. my brain just switched to drive 8)
I hate those automatic gear boxes
Inside joke I guess:-) :?
an update: Donavan has been working on the flow chart...so HANG ON! Actually, we are learning something on this as well.

TC

tconrardy wrote:
Inside joke I guess:-) :?
an update: Donavan has been working on the flow chart...so HANG ON! Actually, we are learning something on this as well.

TC

so will it be a mellow yellow flow chart :hihi:

i'm just mad about saffron ...

are you?im just mad :nutter:

spaceman wrote:this is probably a stupid question (or maybe I'm just doing something realy stupid and wrong) but here goes..

the LFOs (and/or pulsars) don't seem to reset, they always have a different starting point and it makes synchronising a pain. I've tried everything but to no avail.. I can never predict how the rhythms will go when bouncing down tracks, they seems to be completely random

I'm using cubase sl 2 on pc
Hmmm. Strange... That shouldn't happen. Actually, the LFO and Pulsar are designed to reset(sync)themselves each bar. Does the bar indicator blink in SL?

tconrardy wrote:an update: Donavan has been working on the flow chart...so HANG ON! Actually, we are learning something on this as well.
Really looking forward to this :) When you say you're learning something, is that a good or a bad thing? (as a programmer, I immediately wonder if you've discovered something it can do that you didn't previously realise it could - I love those moments!)

G.

DrAmbient wrote:
spaceman wrote:this is probably a stupid question (or maybe I'm just doing something realy stupid and wrong) but here goes..

the LFOs (and/or pulsars) don't seem to reset, they always have a different starting point and it makes synchronising a pain. I've tried everything but to no avail.. I can never predict how the rhythms will go when bouncing down tracks, they seems to be completely random

Hmmm. Strange... That shouldn't happen. Actually, the LFO and Pulsar are designed to reset(sync)themselves each bar. Does the bar indicator blink in SL?
I didn't even know SL had a bar indicator that blinks :lol:
I'll check it out this evening
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Gwydi wrote:
tconrardy wrote:an update: Donavan has been working on the flow chart...so HANG ON! Actually, we are learning something on this as well.
Really looking forward to this :) When you say you're learning something, is that a good or a bad thing? (as a programmer, I immediately wonder if you've discovered something it can do that you didn't previously realise it could - I love those moments!)

G.
Its actually a good thing, but while I knew pretty much the flow, there were things that only the DR knew since he disgned the synth structure to make it work the way it does.

BTW: just had a MAJOR PC problem. :x :cry: I was downloading the norton virius additions from thier web site, then the software automatically rebooted my computer. When it came up, none of my programs worked at all! Windows could not find the rundll32.exe, and a host of other exes. I tried copying them from another XP machine ( my daughters laptop) and ran the restorer from the XP disc, but no go. Finally I had to do a fresh install of XP and now in the process of re-installing all my apps ( and re-authoring the NI stuff....AGGHH :x )It might be a little while before I get the flow chart done ( hope you are reading this Donavan) so..BE PATIENT!

spaceman wrote:
DrAmbient wrote:

I didn't even know SL had a bar indicator that blinks :lol:
I'll check it out this evening
Ok, that wasn't a very bright question :dog:
What I would like to know is: does the M42 sync correctly during 'normal' playback?
Does the bar led in the M42 global section blink?
And, if that works, isn't it possible to record the M42 directly to an audiotrack, instead of bouncing?
(I suppose that 'bouncing' is the same as 'export' in VST5.x ?)

Anyone else having this problem?

Here's a sneak peek at the chart I'm working on. I have to apologize to Tim & the Doc, as I had to do a full reformatting of my HD & re-install an unbloated version of XP & re-install all music & graphic apps & blah, blah, etc..

Anyways, I'm really sorry it took so long guys, & it may be a little anti-climatic, but this is a preview of what I've been working on. I was trying to graphically represent the signal flow instead of using the normal methods just to make something nice for Algo in appreciation for all the quality stuff they make & also provide free.

*puuf,puff*

Anyways:

I'll also be making a vanilla version for printing out. This one takes the form of a 1024x768 destop background so you can worship M42's majesty proper..:D

edit: yes, I squashed the brains out of the JPEG, not everyone here's got a fiber-optic ISP :P

For those that don't wanna be bothered with it, here's the flow chart Tim made for me to use as a referance:

sickle666 wrote:Here's a sneak peek at the chart I'm working on. I have to apologize to Tim & the Doc, as I had to do a full reformatting of my HD & re-install an unbloated version of XP & re-install all music & graphic apps & blah, blah, etc..

sounds very familear! I had to do the very same thing..( yesterday).but it allows you to start fresh!

The design is excellent and surpasses my little flow chart done in MS paint.

But if anyone has any Q's on the flow..let us know.

and hope it helps to see what the DR and I have done to make M42 unique in itself.

TC

sickle666 wrote:For those that don't wanna be bothered with it, here's the flow chart Tim made for me to use as a referance:
Holy Chrome! No wonder I just stick with the patch blender in eXT and have done with it! :help:
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Return to “AlgoMusic”