AlgoMusic...?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

DrAmbient wrote:Updates. No serious plans yet, except for some small bugfixes, to be released soon.
My condolences on all you've been through, and to Boris K. as well... and welcome back 8)

I'd like to request a larger "fxb" for Atomic, please. I love this synth, and this is the only thing that keeps me from using it more...

I'd like to make banks available for it, but having only "32" presets at a time, is rather limiting. A 64, and/or 128 fxb would be great.

As an aside, I love every bit of the AMB GUI's... gorgeous!!!

All the best, FOR the coming "years".

~S~

DrAmbient wrote: As far as the AMB plugins are concerned, this is a real sad story.
Boris K (the author) has lost all original sources in a hd crash, so all plugs have to be rebuilt from scratch.
Not exactly an easy task :-(
ouch! This is the kind of thing that can seriously slow down a business!

Good luck!

I have a question about czynthia, how do you convert the cz 101 envelope values to the values of czynthia? I have a patch I'm trying to recreate and I'm about to pull my hair out. Is it even possible? It's called synth brass 1 out of a cz 101 manual.

[/img]

um.........

So what about this Sens project? :D

It would be great if algomusic can continue on, it does not have to be 'the same', to be great. There is such hidden treasure in M42, M51, Atomic, Enceladus, and Czynthia. Running a guitar sound into the M42 distortion, with the pulsar throbbing, and using a joystick in reaper to control the warp, is amazing, and using Atomic to move Tims great sound designs, reveals the genious of his designs, which beg for gifted players to use the midi controllers to the max.

I know there are great sound designers who could move things forward,
what better way to put a whuppin' on some of lifes hardest blows, than to
take the aftermath of hardships and sorrows, to the next level!

cadmium wrote:I have a question about czynthia, how do you convert the cz 101 envelope values to the values of czynthia? I have a patch I'm trying to recreate and I'm about to pull my hair out. Is it even possible? It's called synth brass 1 out of a cz 101 manual.
I have the same problem. I tried to reproduce the Lucky Man solo sound (for example). Here is the tone :

The result with the CZ-10xV's last version :

Listen !

Then I tried to convert it for CZynthia. To get the 1+1' line, I set the same parameters for osc1 and osc2 to use the Detune[2] function. In the original Casio CZ, the detune fine range is 0-60 but for CZynthia it is 0-99. So, I think it is necessary to convert this setting. Here : (7*60)/99 approx. 4
In the original Casio CZ, the LFO depth range is 0-99 but for CZynthia it is 0-96. So, I think it is necessary to convert this setting too. Here : (8*96)/99 approx. 8

The envelopes :
For the rate, there is a CZ envelope time conversion table in the Kassiopeia! manual (freeware). The values are in seconds.
For the level : it is necessary to convert the CZ value (range : 0-99) to CZynthia (synthedit) range 0-10 : (x*10)/99

The result :

Listen !

I think there are still problems. :(
To convert a Casio CZ tone (or a CZ-10xV patch) :
- What about the polarity (-/+) and the range (1/10V) pitch envelope switches ?
- What about the original DCA Key Follow (not in CZynthia : Phase only) ?
- What about the velocity (Casio CZ-1 -> pitch, wave, amp. CZynthia -> DCO only) ?
- What about the AMP Lin/Exp button to switch the response curve from linear to exponential (is the Casio CZ AMP envelope linear or exponential ?) ?
- ETC

There is something else I don't understand :
I think the sound is low and quite poor (where are the squares in my CZynthia audio sample ?) and there is approx. no difference by changing the waveform when I want to build a sound from the scratch except double sine and tri resonance. Are the beautiful and powerfull CZynthia sounds espacially due to its effects ? What are the things I forgot ?

It's a shame (TALK TALK never used a Casio CZ range of synth, I think ! :wink: ) because CZynthia is the VSTi I prefer so I would like to create/convert presets for my favorite synth.

Dr Ambient, any CZynthia preset creator... can you help me please ?
Thank you very much in advance for your answer and have a nice day ! :)

Return to “AlgoMusic”