Notes sustaining

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got hold of M42 Nebula today and so far its great - except....one or two occasions with certain patches where the notes are not cutting off.

For example the preset 'Ganymede' i remember being one that i had trouble with. Not everytime its loaded though, which makes me suspect something is wrong somewhere. Almost as though its a midi note off command at fault here? When i switch off the on/off buttons on the two synths - i can achieve silence, but when they are turned on again - the patch continues to sustain. This is causing headaches with recording anything atm as you can appreciate.

I use SONAR 8 as my host and have an EDIROL PCR-500 as my controller/Keyboard.

Any help or advice would be fantastic. Wonderful VST though - i love it.

Thanks

red37 wrote:I got hold of M42 Nebula today and so far its great - except....one or two occasions with certain patches where the notes are not cutting off.

For example the preset 'Ganymede' i remember being one that i had trouble with. Not everytime its loaded though, which makes me suspect something is wrong somewhere. Almost as though its a midi note off command at fault here? When i switch off the on/off buttons on the two synths - i can achieve silence, but when they are turned on again - the patch continues to sustain. This is causing headaches with recording anything atm as you can appreciate.

I use SONAR 8 as my host and have an EDIROL PCR-500 as my controller/Keyboard.

Any help or advice would be fantastic. Wonderful VST though - i love it.

Thanks
Hi,

Hmmm. Very weird. I have no explanation whatsoever...
Noone has ever reported anything like this.
I'm curious what exactly happens... do you get hanging notes while playing just one patch, or while playing/changing patches?

I don't have SONAR, so I can't check out myself unfortunately ...
Perhaps there's someone here on kvr who does and can offer assistance??

Best regards,
DrA

DrAmbient - i dont think its related to M42 - i was demo'ing other VST's last night and the same thing occurred on some of them. I think its a PCR-500 controller issue (or SONAR.......) again!

Sorry to ask about M42 first (it was the first one to do it the other day thats all) Something must have been changed in my settings over the last week. I'll check.

Maybe i need to uncheck reset controllers on stop function in SP8? I will try.

Return to “AlgoMusic”