The M51 is HERE!!!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I keep getting an "unexpected end of archive" message when I download the demo!!!

Tim, I'd love to try this out. Maybe something's wrong with the demo.zip file? I've downloaded other stuff today with no problems.

Mike

My demo ran fine. Maybe just an anomalous blip in the download?

And the price? Worth every penny, or euro, or whatever!

David

www.davidlinn.com

:love: Just bought it, downloaded it, and played with most of the presets. Great sounds, and very complementary to M42. It's very easy to tweak if you're familiar with M42 because the mods are essentially the same. I've always liked PD synthesis going back to the CZ, and will have to brush up on programming it now.

I personally like the color: once again, very complementary to the M42 (I have them both open right now).

Any plans for more presets? I like tweaking presets, sometimes radically, as well as programming from scratch. Kind of like improvising on a theme instead of composing from scratch.

bluediver wrote::love: Just bought it, downloaded it, and played with most of the presets. Great sounds, and very complementary to M42. It's very easy to tweak if you're familiar with M42 because the mods are essentially the same. I've always liked PD synthesis going back to the CZ, and will have to brush up on programming it now.

I personally like the color: once again, very complementary to the M42 (I have them both open right now).

Any plans for more presets? I like tweaking presets, sometimes radically, as well as programming from scratch. Kind of like improvising on a theme instead of composing from scratch.

Yes...a second bank is in the works as we speak. Should be a couple weeks. Glad you like the Galaxy and nebula together!

Karmacomposer wrote:I keep getting an "unexpected end of archive" message when I download the demo!!!

Tim, I'd love to try this out. Maybe something's wrong with the demo.zip file? I've downloaded other stuff today with no problems.

Mike
Try again..we think its because all these guys from the planet of KvR are trying to download it at the same time..so keep trying!!

kevvvvv wrote:Oh dear ... found some god-like pads :love:

you will find that if you hold down a chord FOR A WHILE, you start to hear lots of stuff going on. You really can't audition them with just a second or two,..you miss half or most of it!

one question?

why do you have a pic of jerry springer in your sig :hihi:

& it sounds nothing like it came from SE ;)

Subz

tconrardy wrote:
bluediver wrote::love: Just bought it, downloaded it, and played with most of the presets. Great sounds, and very complementary to M42. It's very easy to tweak if you're familiar with M42 because the mods are essentially the same. I've always liked PD synthesis going back to the CZ, and will have to brush up on programming it now.

Yes...a second bank is in the works as we speak. Should be a couple weeks. Glad you like the Galaxy and nebula together!
BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a VA version as well? I seem to recall the website saying one would be included for free.

djsubject wrote:one question?

why do you have a pic of jerry springer in your sig :hihi:

& it sounds nothing like it came from SE ;)

Subz

someone else siad this...was it you??? :lol:

do I REALLY look like Jerry Springer?? :cry: :cry:

bluediver wrote:
tconrardy wrote:

BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a VA version as well? I seem to recall the website saying one would be included for free.

well...if you have been following these various M51 threads here, the DR answered and siad that instead of making a PD and VA version..he combined them in one synth..so in M51, you get PD, VA and FM all together.

This is a good, quality synth. Thank you Tim, Good Doctor, and Dave.

Blends very well with and compliments the M42 AND the Cameleon5K. Nice nice stuff.

Undoubtably worth the price and then some.

Youse all did good!

Curt

sounds VERY cool... i love it! :love:

is there a chance to get a special offer as a loyal M42-user... :oops: :D

IndiQa
Blends very well with and compliments the M42 AND the Cameleon5K. Nice nice stuff.
Just following on ... I was using it with Stylus RMX doing some downtempo club electronica.

Interesting how apps vary, isn't it.

Actually I was delighted that M51 works in a dance setting.

The Tangering Dream ammmmmbient lookalike sound is great fun to play, but it attaches a stigma to a synth if that's all it can do.

M42 fell into that trap, I felt, as it lacked the harder more modern edge of the new Galaxy.

It'll be interesting to see if the new presets have any dance fxps.

And it'd be interesting to hear what other sorts of music people do with it.

M51 and Death Metal anyone :hihi: :wink:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:IndiQa
Just following on ... I was using it with Stylus RMX doing some downtempo club electronica.

Interesting how apps vary, isn't it.

Actually I was delighted that M51 works in a dance setting.

The Tangering Dream ammmmmbient lookalike sound is great fun to play, but it attaches a stigma to a synth if that's all it can do.

M42 fell into that trap, I felt, as it lacked the harder more modern edge of the new Galaxy.

It'll be interesting to see if the new presets have any dance fxps.

And it'd be interesting to hear what other sorts of music people do with it.

M51 and Death Metal anyone :hihi: :wink:
Thats an interesting comment, and one that takes some research...what is a DANCE Preset? Like the "phat" Vanguard style patch?

Sorry I'm late to the party, Tim, but congrats to you guys!

:party: :party: :party:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Return to “AlgoMusic”