The M51 is HERE!!!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

It is FINALLY Released!!! Check out the VST demo and the MP3. This is a great synth!

Tim

==========================

AlgoMusic Presents
================
The M51 galaxy VSTI

Long in development, the M51 has finally arrived to our own galaxy.

Sporting custom modules and hybrid synthesis along with rythmic algorithmic generators, the M51 can be used for anything from ambientspace to high techno trance music.Based on the modulating system of the acclaimed M42 Nebula VSTi, the M51 offers Phase Modulation, Virtual Analog and FM to create a unique blend of crisp, warm and metallic timbres. Inspired by the M51 Whirlpool Galaxy in the constellation Canes Venatici. "A galaxy of sound to explore"

Architecture:

2 completely independent synths each with:

PDO (Phase Distortion Oscillator) with 2*8 waveforms.
- SUB (VA Oscillator) with 7 waveforms and a 12dB/oct SV

Filter.
- FM capability for metallic sounds.
- Ensemble, Detune, Mono mode, Portamento, Vibrato.
- Two 8 Stage Graphic Envelopes (AMP and MOD) with save and load file functions.
- LFO (BPM synced) with an unique Arpeggiator.
- Pulsar (BPM synced, creates the algorithmic element).
- Easy to operate 3 * 5 Modulation Matrix

FX:
- Stereo Chorus/Flanger.
- Stereo BPM synced Cross-Delay.
- Autopanner.
- 2 Warps with distortion (no/soft/hard) and resonant lowpass filter.Recordable getsures and load and save file functions.

Global:
- Keyboard split
- Virtual keyboard for audition
- 16 step trance gate
- Multitimbrality: 2
- Polyphony: 6 voices (each synth).

The M51 represents a breakthrough in SynthEdit Design with Custom Modules created by David Haupt which includes the graphic 8 stage envelopes , Ensemble module and the recordable x-y warp module with synth design and graphics by Dr Ambient. The default bank of 128 presets are designed by
Tim Conrardy and UGO.( with more to come)

Demo VST:

http://www.algomusic.nl/downloads/M51galaxy_v1_demo.zip

The demo allows loading and saving of patches with only a periodic short burst of sound.

MP3 demo by Tim Conrardy

http://www.algomusic.nl/mp3/M51%20Galaxy.mp3

Pricing:
$79.95 / €69.50

Shop Page
http://www.algomusic.nl/shop.html

For our other products and aclaimed freeware visit our site:

AlgoMusic
http//www.algomusic.nl
Last edited by tconrardy on Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very Nice to wake up on a Monday and see this Tim.

Will be ordering this puppy immeadiately.

Curt

Looks promising! But the color... :?
The source of light is darkness

Sweet! Congrats on the unveiling. And excellent price point!

This a joke, right? I dont get it.

Wasnt Rhino just available for $70 and Toxic for $50?

Yes? What's the joke?

This does still sound tremendous, in MP3 form. :)

So, I'll grab the demo. The didgeridoo and wah around 1:30 is great, and leads into some excellent evolving percussion...the drones and theremin sound around 3:30-4:00 are also very rich... 8)

And TC was right...this sounds a good deal more like Osbert's Testicles than Pink Floyd of any era.... :wink:

At a slightly lower price, I'd have bought it straight off, but it may wait a couple of weeks now for budget reasons. December was insane, January hasn't been cheap so far either...

Anyway, personal $$$ issues aside, I think this is a 'must have,' since it steps so far beyond M42. Is it a fair price? I expect so. No one's getting rich out of VSTi, that I can detect.

The color scheme is a bit unfortunate, but I'll live with it. Skins, anyone? :lol:

/fcd
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

pummel wrote:This a joke, right? I dont get it.

does everyone always drop their prices because someone else had a sale recently? the sales are over now too. rhino is $127 and toxic is $88.

-ugo

The reason why its a bit higher then the M42 is becuase of all the extra work that went into it, the custom modules and also becuase we have a new partner ( David Haupt) in which he gets his percentage as well...ands glad to pay it becuase his custom coding is what is bringing this in the forefront of SE design!

Color schemes: what DON'T you like about it? What color would you like? It might be possable to create different shades, but what would be your preferance?

ugo wrote:
pummel wrote:This a joke, right? I dont get it.

does everyone always drop their prices because someone else had a sale recently? the sales are over now too. rhino is $127 and toxic is $88.

-ugo
I have a sticky note on my spreadsheet for software purchases that says: "don't assume that sales prices last". I'm pleased that Tick and Maxx both decided to be generous around Christmas. They're both great synths, that might not be in my collection otherwise. Or at least, not yet.

But there's also one that says: "everyone must have a sale sometime?"...right over the 'way too pricey' column. :lol:

M51 is #2 -- after MiniTERA -- in the Feb '06 Definite Purchases column :wink:

Just fiddled around with the demo for a while, and it does have some nice presets -- as I'd expect from you two -- plus, it invites tweaking and composition, which is always a good thing for me. I can sit in front of an acoustic piano and get nothing useful done, but clever synths turn on the inspiration DNA, I think.

The GUI isn't quite as hideous in real life (on the desktop) as in the barftone pic above. The orange is quite a restful color, to be honest. :)

/fcd
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Hi Tim,

I have just downloaded the demo and there are certainly interesting sounds to get out of it. I have very little experience with PD synths though but that will not stop me :wink: .

tconrardy wrote:The reason why its a bit higher then the M42 is becuase of all the extra work that went into it, the custom modules and also becuase we have a new partner ( David Haupt) in which he gets his percentage as well...ands glad to pay it becuase his custom coding is what is bringing this in the forefront of SE design!
I know it's SE, but it doesn't sound like SE!.

Just bought mine. Am I the first? Probably not.

Loading SX to try it out :D
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Shit ... loadable Warp patterns :-o :o :hyper: 8)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Oh dear ... found some god-like pads :love:

Return to “AlgoMusic”