Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, but I meant Cubase Elements - this version doesn't use a dongle, but the soft e-licenser.

Stirner wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:58 am OK, but I meant Cubase Elements - this version doesn't use a dongle, but the soft e-licenser.
Yes, but to transfer it you have to move it to the dongle and then sell it the same was as the higher versions.

Otherwise you can sell the whole account if you don't have anything else.

Does anyone know how Cytomic (known for The Glue comp) license transfer process actually goes? I did email their support but the answer didn't explain how to actually do it.

larduino wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 pm Does anyone know how Cytomic (known for The Glue comp) license transfer process actually goes? I did email their support but the answer didn't explain how to actually do it.
In the website it says:
"For the original full price paying customer there is no charge, otherwise a 30% of the current price fee is charged. Since the original customer gets a 30% discount off their next purchase, the license transfer fee covers both this, and also the increased support load of a new customer's questions and resolution of any issues."

I've done it when I bought The Glue, this back in 2017. The seller emailed in the transfer request with the appropriate information such as the serial in question and info on the reciever. Then a reponse from Cytomic instructed the new buyer to do a paypal transfer with the said ammount. Once it was done, the transfer was triggered by Cytomic.

Anyone aware of Serato license transfer policy? Didn't find any info on their website.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

UnitedPlugins don't allow transfers at all.

EDIT: might be dev specific, JMG (Hyperspace) definitely don't, Melda probably follow their usual policy (whatever that is :tu:) etc.

Does anyone here know if Inphonik (Matthieu Demange) allows license transfers?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:47 pm Does anyone here know if Inphonik (Matthieu Demange) allows license transfers?
Just received a message from Inphonik. They do allow license transfers without charge. :)

Klevgrand have stopped allowing transfers - apparently their system was getting abused so they stopped - which is a bit sad as they are a friendly bunch doing interesting things

Chocolate Audio:

"Can your products be resold?
ATTENTION! What follows below, represents and official modification to our original EULA
Yes, we allow what is legally called an end-user license transfer. In order for the transfer to be legal, the original buyer and registered user needs to contact us and inform us of the full name and email of the new licensee. Please include also the name of the product to be transferred and your full name and email.

Pay attention that this is done for free for Kontakt libraries. Products for BFD can be transferred, but they occur a fee, due to the licensing system being managed by Fxpansion.

Please note that you CANNOT transfer only the license for the Kontakt version of a product that is both available for Kontakt and BFD. The product is just one, so you need to transfer both versions even if the end buyer is only interested in the Kontakt versions."

http://www.chocolateaudio.com/faq

Overloud debits $20/15 euro for transfering licenses (even multiple, if they all transfers to the same account). They have just proven to me that they have an excellent support and are very customer friendly. Thank you, Thomas@overloud for all help!

edit: never mind

Don't know if this is mentioned earlier but Xfer doesn't allow license transfers anymore.

https://xferrecords.com/forums/general/ ... um-license

Hi.
Does anyone here know if SONIVOX supports license transfer, on what terms? I have sent questions to Sonivox several times but they do not answer.

darni wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:11 am Hi.
Does anyone here know if SONIVOX supports license transfer, on what terms? I have sent questions to Sonivox several times but they do not answer.
To answer your question first, I believe most of their products are iLok-based (I bought and redeemed on Plugin Boutique before), which means they are transferable, with a hefty $25 fee per transfer, capped at $50 for multiple products, which brings me to the next question:

How did their Premier Collection all show as individual licenses rather than a locked group license in iLok? Does that mean I can resell unwanted individual products within the Premier Collection? I'd rather sell the whole collection with just one flat-rate transfer fee, than to pay iLok $50.

Maybe this link answered my question, but I feel uneasy.
https://www.ilok.com/#!support/help/102 ... /102029655

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”