Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wavesfactory allows license transfers. The fee for "extra work" is 15€.
Kazrog does allow them as well. They'll do it for 5$.

ujam allow licence transfers
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Plugin Alliance has changed their license transfer conditions:
" You can only transfer 10 licenses per month. You cannot transfer inactive licenses, free licenses, licenses with a fee required, licenses that were previously transferred to you, and the same plugin can only be transferred twice. If you have a license for a multiple versions of a plugin (for example, bx_digital V2 and bx_digital V3), then those licenses cannot be transferred separately."

mvd83 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:07 pm licenses with a fee required
but they all require a transfer fee :roll:

Yeah, I don't know either what they mean with that. I just started a license transfer, didn't receive an email like I used to get. I asked the buyer to check his account. I will let you know if anything else has been changed but I don't think they get rid of the license transfer fee.

mvd83 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:19 pm Yeah, I don't know either what they mean with that. I just started a license transfer, didn't receive an email like I used to get. I asked the buyer to check his account. I will let you know if anything else has been changed but I don't think they get rid of the license transfer fee.
Is there anywhere in the account where it indicates which plugins were bought 2nd hand or NFR?

@VariKusBrainZ : As far as I know you can only see it when you go to "your account" and click on "transfer license". Here you can see all plugins which are allowed to transfer to someone else.

mvd83 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:06 pm @VariKusBrainZ : As far as I know you can only see it when you go to "your account" and click on "transfer license". Here you can see all plugins which are allowed to transfer to someone else.
Brilliant, thanks :tu:

anyone know the policy from monoplugs about license transfers for B-step sequencer

Tried to transfer a license with Hexachords (Orb Composer), the dev was able to sort it in the end but it looks like they don't support it, the dev said they don't have the functionality to transfer licenses.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Hi guys, I’ve came to understand from various reliable sources that eu citizens may (re-)sell legitimately obtained licensed copies whether the ToS states otherwise or not. I notice many aren’t aware that many ToS’s are quite draconic and that eu citizens do not need to take all that into account because for once the law protects you :)

P.s. I don’t know about other places policies.

Sure, you can try taking it to court. Personally I respect those developers choosing not to allow license transfers, as most developers are working hard to survive due to, among other things, the widely spread software piracy.

Some of the developers even offer updates "for life". As long as the company is still active.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

What's the story with Audiority license transfers? Any fees/NFR restrictions?

I don't see any info in the FAQ section of the website ...

classic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:46 pm Can´t find Tracktion anywhere.
Do they alowe license transfer?
No. Very bad business practice!

Tappistry wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:05 am What's the story with Audiority license transfers? Any fees/NFR restrictions?

I don't see any info in the FAQ section of the website ...
Transfer fee is 10 euro ;)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”