Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How tone2 license transfer works?
I am thinking to buy one of their plugins.

Does Audio Assault do license transfers ?

Can anyone confirm whether or not it's possible to transfer NI licenses that do show in your account, but as unregistered. Will it work if the serial number is given to the buyer, or is it somehow tied to your account and needs to be manually processed?

2:43AM wrote:Anyone know if iZotope is still allowing license transfers for Alloy 2 since it has been discontinued? At this point, would anyone want this software?!?
I'm pretty sure it's allowed. I sold mine a little while after neutron was released.

maschinelf wrote:Can anyone confirm whether or not it's possible to transfer NI licenses that do show in your account, but as unregistered. Will it work if the serial number is given to the buyer, or is it somehow tied to your account and needs to be manually processed?
How can a license show in your account without being registered? As far as I know if it shows up in your account it is registered to your account.

In general, if an NI license cannot be transferred using the web-based transfer process, it is sometimes still possible to transfer it through NI support. I had such situations. In this case NI needs to deregister the license from your account and you would then give that license to the buyer who can register it to his/her account.

As soon as a license is deregistered from your account it does no longer show up at all. I would think that as long as the license is listed in your account in one way or the other, you very likely need NI support to take care of that.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Anyone know if Goodhertz allow license transfers?
Couldn’t find any info on their site. Great plugins but I am getting rid of all my saleable plugins. Guitar, pedals and amp from now on :D

maschinelf wrote:
2:43AM wrote:Anyone know if iZotope is still allowing license transfers for Alloy 2 since it has been discontinued? At this point, would anyone want this software?!?
I'm pretty sure it's allowed. I sold mine a little while after neutron was released.
I just bought it secondhand from a fellow KVR'er crowsbelikecaw in April, so I would say that they still do allow license transfers even if they don't sell it anymore. It took less than a day for me to get it in my iZotope account.

mgw38 wrote:How can a license show in your account without being registered? As far as I know if it shows up in your account it is registered to your account.

In general, if an NI license cannot be transferred using the web-based transfer process, it is sometimes still possible to transfer it through NI support. I had such situations. In this case NI needs to deregister the license from your account and you would then give that license to the buyer who can register it to his/her account.

As soon as a license is deregistered from your account it does no longer show up at all. I would think that as long as the license is listed in your account in one way or the other, you very likely need NI support to take care of that.
Several licenses do in fact show in my account under the heading "not registered". This is because these were deposited to my account i.e. they came included with a purchase and were deposited to my account after registration of that purchase, and I haven't installed or activated them with native access. So they are in a way tied to my account but not registered yet.

The automated transfer process will only work for serials that are already registered i.e. those that have been installed or authorised through native access. Only they show up in the list for which you can generate a transfer id. I know contacting NI support will answer this, but I assume that since the serials have not been registered or authorised, it should work if someone else enters the serials in native access, the only caveat being that it is present n my account which could imply that it may somehow be "tied" to it. So am hoping to find the answer here.

maschinelf wrote:
Several licenses do in fact show in my account under the heading "not registered". This is because these were deposited to my account i.e. they came included with a purchase and were deposited to my account after registration of that purchase, and I haven't installed or activated them with native access. So they are in a way tied to my account but not registered yet.

The automated transfer process will only work for serials that are already registered i.e. those that have been installed or authorised through native access. Only they show up in the list for which you can generate a transfer id. I know contacting NI support will answer this, but I assume that since the serials have not been registered or authorised, it should work if someone else enters the serials in native access, the only caveat being that it is present n my account which could imply that it may somehow be "tied" to it. So am hoping to find the answer here.
AFAIK, the license that is tied to another purchase, (e.g Komplete Select that was tied to Maschine hardware) cannot be transferred separately. You have to transfer the whole thing. The "not registered" serial won't work if entered by other people.

AFAICT this is not tied to the purchase the same way something like Komplete select is, it just happens to be included this one time. I am aware of how it works with the komplete select license that comes with maschine, and am pretty sure the same does not apply here. I just need to know if a license (assuming it's a full license) that shows in your account as unregistered in the 'my products and serials' section of the website, can be transferred just by giving the serial to the buyer or requires NI's manual intervention. It's​ probably best to just ask NI directly.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if output allows license transfer? I bought some stuff through NI special sale, but don't use them a lot these days.

Thanks
Trance, Trance Is Life

Two Notes

Wall of Sound software

Individual cabinet licenses can’t be transferred, but entire accounts can be transferred to another user with an email request to Two Notes support.

No fee or NFR restrictions.

Lazylefteye wrote:Anyone know if Goodhertz allow license transfers?
Couldn’t find any info on their site. Great plugins but I am getting rid of all my saleable plugins. Guitar, pedals and amp from now on :D
I’ve seen Goodhertz stuff being sold here, so I would imagine they do.

Hit me up with a PM, I may be interested in picking up one or two of them.

Hi. I want to sell U-NO-LX and BassLine-101 but I'm not sure about TAL Software's license transfer policy. I recieved an e-mail with an answer from the support team - basically they pointed me to the FAQ section. To my understanding their plugins become NFR if not purchased directly from TAL. Is that correct?

Thanks.

AhmedTaburov wrote:Hi. I want to sell U-NO-LX and BassLine-101 but I'm not sure about TAL Software's license transfer policy. I recieved an e-mail with an answer from the support team - basically they pointed me to the FAQ section. To my understanding their plugins become NFR if not purchased directly from TAL. Is that correct?

Thanks.
Yes, you have understood correctly.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”